XXX

Weird questions, warm motocycle rides and a side of fear

|Y O U|

"Do you understand?" I asked, slightly annoyed at Kook, but quiet enough to not have the schools librarian shush us.

Kook, the boy who begged me to tutor him seemed to be perfectly fine in math. Every question I asked him, he got the answer to right off the bat.

Plus, his constant (and non-math related) questions were really beginning to frighten me.

"No." He stated immedietly.

I inhaled my pride, "But you have the right answer."

His dark eyebrows furrowed as he tapped the pencil on the page. His hands were bony and the word 'army' was displayed along those long fingers.

He resembled one of those band-obsessed kids, who still had immense popularity, with his long and disheveled locks of burnt hair.

"That's because you walked me through it. Say, Y/N, you are really good at math. Do you cheat on tests?" He snapped back with a weird question.

The passive aggressive tone in his voice send me off kilter and I was worried for my own sake. It was questions like that in which exited his bunny-like mouth, forcing me to question him as a person.

Just before I was about to answer his question, San messaged me. My phone dinged with a joyous notification that told me this "tutoring" would finally be done.

Reading the message, I smiled at the small effort that San out into adding little hearts and emojis.

"Time is up." I smiled, "my boyfriend is here, which means your math lessons for today." I said with as much kindness as possible.

Kook exhaled with panic written all along his face, "no- I still don't understand this-"

He had stood up, and the much detested librarian shot a petrifying glare at us, forcing her finger to quiet the baffled boy.

"You need to have more confidence in yourself, Kook. You understand everything I asked you about, so don't sell yourself short."

I smiled at my motivational speech.

Hehe, I could be one of those motivational speakers if I wanted to.

"But-" he cut himself off, making eye contact with something that shook him to the core. His lips dropped into fear and his strong hands were quaking.

"I still need help, just stay a little longer." He pleaded.

I may be a little naive, but I wasn't oblivious enough to realize that something was off.