nine

The drive home felt very long. I had decided to drive instead of Harry because he wasn't in a good headspace and I didn't want him being distracted. Music was quietly playing in the background to make the silence between me and Harry more comfortable. You could tell from his exhales that he was still in shock.

As it was almost 2pm, we decided to go back to Harry's place to watch movies. I don't think either of us wanted to be alone right now.

"I'm really sorry," Harry broke the silence.

"For what?" I asked.

"I should never have brought you, I never should've brought it up-"

"I wanted to, Harry. I was the one who wanted to come so please don't blame yourself," I said.

"I should have said no and then none of this would have happened, I'm so fucking sorry," he cried. I kept my eyes on the road but put one hand on his shoulder, rubbing it with my thumb to comfort him.

I could sense that Harry was feeling a lot of emotions ranging from anger, sadness, guilt. The worst combination in my opinion. It made me upset to know that he was upset. I felt very emotionally connected to him.

An hour flew by and we arrived outside Harry's place. We made our way inside and to the living room where Lux was sitting on the couch. He looked up at us and noticed that Harry had bloodshot eyes from crying and a busted lip.

"Eventful?" Lux asked. Harry began tearing up again so he walked over to Lux, sat down next to him and cried into his shoulder.

"I guess you could say that," I said. Lux rubbed Harry's back gently.

"Cal and I made cookies for a video if you guys want the rest, they're in the kitchen," Lux said.

"Are they edible?" I asked.

"I mean, I think so?" Lux questioned himself. Harry pulled away from Lux and sat up, his eyes tomato red. Poor thing.

"Okay well, we'll be upstairs if you need us," Harry said, standing up and walking towards the stairs. I went to follow him but then I heard Lux quietly clear his throat. I turned to look at him, Harry had already started walking upstairs.

"Are you staying the night?" Lux asked. I shook my head.

"I have work tomorrow, it would be best for me to get a good sleep tonight," I said.

"Come and talk to me before you leave, I want to know what happened," he said. I nodded before following Harry upstairs. We grabbed the cookies on the way up to Harry's room and they surprisingly smelt really good. Two dumb YouTubers and cookies is a recipe for disaster.

Once we reached Harry's room, we lay down on his bed and decided to put on a movie. We ended up choosing The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Harry put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I cuddled into him, putting my hand on his chest while he played with my hair. He took a piece of hair and tucked it behind my ear. I could hear his heart start beating faster.

"I love you," he whispered. His heart went back to its normal pace. Bless him.

"I love you too," I smiled. I kissed his cheek and we continued into our movie marathon. By the time we finished The Hunger Games series, it was around 10pm. My eyes were hurting from looking at a screen for so long. It also didn't help that today was very eventful and I was absolutely exhausted.

I wriggled my way out of Harry's arms and sat up, stretching my arms out. Harry sat up too, wrapping his arms around my waist and tried pulling me back into a cuddle.

"Please don't go," he begged. I turned around and kissed his lips. I cupped his face in my hands to deepen the kiss, pulling away after a few seconds. I stood up, grabbing my bag and my phone. Harry tried to stand up but I gently pushed him back down.

"Go to sleep," I said quietly. I could hear that his breath was still shaky when I heard him exhale.

"Okay," he said. I leaned down to give him another kiss before walking towards the door.

"Goodnight," I smiled and headed downstairs.

"Harvi," I heard Lux whisper from the living room. I walked up to him and hugged him.

"Harry's stepdad was being all creepy with him, so Harry beat him up," I explained. Lux looked shocked.

"H-Harry beat him up?" he asked. I nodded.

"Frank grabbed my ass and was saying really creepy things. Harry caught him doing it and punched him over and over. Then his Mum tried to blame him without knowing the situation. Harry and I left after that," I said.

"Jesus," Lux exhaled, "Did he have time to at least catch up with his brother and sister?"

"He did, which is good because I doubt that he'll see them anytime soon after that," I said, "Anyway, I better get home. It was nice to see you!"

"Nice to see you too, goodnight," he said, walking me to the door.

"Goodnight," I replied. I began walking down the road and went to request an Uber before I realised something.

My wallet wasn't in my bag.

"Shit," I mumbled. I made my way back to Harry's house and knocked on the door. Lux opened it within a few seconds.

"Forgotten something?" he guessed.

"Yep, my wallet. It must've fallen out of my bag," I said and walked up the stairs. I made it to Harry's room and I was surprised to see that Harry wasn't there. My wallet was sticking out from underneath Harry's bed. I bent down to grab it, but I was then interrupted but a loud bang coming from Harry's bathroom.

"Harry?" I said. I walked up to his bathroom door and knocked on the closed door. No response. I tried opening the door with the handle. It was locked. There was still no response. My shaky hands dug through my purse to find something that I could use to pick the lock. I ran back to Harry's room and grabbed my wallet, pulling out a coin. My feet dragged myself back to the bathroom door.

"Harry, can you hear me?" I raised my voice. It took me a couple of tries to pick the lock and once I did, I pushed open the door. I dropped the coin in shock.

Harry was lying on the floor shaking rapidly. He looked as if he was losing consciousness. I gazed around the room in shock, noticing a medium-sized plastic bag of white powder sitting on the toilet. There were a few pre-made lines on his countertop meaning that he wasn't able to finish them. I stumbled over to Harry, put him on his side and scooped his tongue out of his mouth.

"C-Cal! Cal!" I screamed. I grabbed the plastic bag from the toilet to examine it quickly. My heart was pounding so fast.

It was ketamine.