eleven

I slept for an hour and a half. I would have slept that long regardless if I was at home or outside Harry's hospital room. I felt absolutely exhausted, considering I usually got at least 8 hours of sleep every night. My body was not able to function properly.

"Lukes, could you grab these in a size 40?" my co-worker Jenna asked, holding up a pair of white leather sk8-hi Vans. I nodded before heading out to the back of the shoe store. I leant up against the wall and gazed around at all the shoeboxes.

I left the hospital at about 9am because my shift at work started at 10:30am. Before I went to work, I had to go home first to shower, eat and change my clothes. I still managed to arrive at work on time though, thankfully. I have been given a lot of warnings for being late.

Harry was still unconscious, to my knowledge. I, unfortunately, hadn't gotten any updates since I had been at work. The Sidemen and both Cals all agreed to stay until Harry was conscious and to update me regularly on what's going on. Perhaps they didn't want to disturb me at work or make me worry. Perhaps nothing had happened yet. I don't know.

Stephen left around the same time that I did. He is the sweetest guy ever. He kept making sure that I was okay and that I was happy, he kept finding ways to distract me from the situation. Of course, nothing could take my mind off it, but him being by my side made everything a lot better.

I grabbed the shoebox that Jenna had requested and walked back out to the front of the store. I handed it to her before making my way back behind the counter. I rested my elbows on the counter and rested my chin in my hand. I just had to make it through a few more hours. My only challenge was to stay awake.

Once the customers that Jenna was helping had bought their shoes, Jenna came over to the counter and stood beside me.

"Go," she said. I looked at her, confused.

"What?" I asked.

"You can go, I can manage by myself," she smiled. Jenna had been working here way longer than I have, I know that she will be fine on her own.

"Are you sure?" I said through a yawn.

"Yeah, of course. You look really tired, is everything okay?" she asked.

"My boyfriend overdosed last night. He's in the hospital and I got very little sleep," I explained.

"Oh my god! I hope he's okay!" she said, "Go get some rest, I'll clock you out and tell Bianca you were here the whole time if she asks".

"Bless your soul, thank you," I said before walking to the back of the store to grab my bag. For context, Bianca was our boss and was the one that paid us.

Once I made it outside, I caught an Uber back to my apartment. I unlocked the door and walked inside, throwing my bag on the floor and walking straight to my room. My bed was calling me. I found my body beginning to crawl under the covers of my bed.

I so desperately wanted sleep.

My eyes reopened at 5pm, meaning that I had a 4 hour nap. Although it wasn't much, it was very needed. I rolled over and grabbed my phone, noticing that I had three missed calls from Simon, one missed call from Stephen and a text from Tobi.

Tobi: Call Simon as soon as you see this x

I opened my phone and called Simon. He picked up after a couple of seconds.

"Harvi," he said.

"Hey I'm so sorry, I fell asleep as soon as I got home from work-"

"Harry is awake," he cut me off. My body froze, my heartbeat began to race.