eighteen

"You're lost in thought," Harry said, which ironically snapped me back to reality. We were both sat in his car outside of the Sidemen house, quiet music playing in the background. Harry was wearing a Supreme hoodie, black jeans and some trainers whilst I wore the outfit above and some white high top Vans.  

September 7th. It was currently Simon's birthday. Harry and I had been invited to a party at the Sidemen house, which explains why we were sitting outside the house in Harry's car. Seeing as Josh's birthday was a few days ago, they decided to have a joint party for both of them. I knew that Stephen would be there but that didn't stop me from attending. We still hadn't spoken and I was hoping that we could fix our friendship tonight.

It had been 3 days since Harry and I rekindled our relationship. Nothing seemed different between us - we missed being in each other's company so much that the reason for being upset with him seemed like a blur to me. I was happy to be breathing again, I was happy to be beside him.

"Sorry," I mumbled and turned to face him.

"You get this crease between your eyebrows whenever you zone out or think about something in-depth, it's cute," he smiled.

"I do? How'd you manage to notice that?" I said, surprised. I didn't think he'd notice something as small as that about me. It hadn't even occurred to me that I even did that.

"Just something I've noticed," he shrugged before grabbing my face and pulling me closer. He delicately kissed my lips before pulling back and looking into my eyes. "Let's go inside".

We got out of the car and we could instantly hear music being blasted through the speakers as we approached the front door. Our hearts could feel the bass of the music. Harry and I got a few looks from people as we walked into the house.

"Bog!" Ethan called out before walking over and giving his a high-five, "Hey Harvi, how's it going?"

"Yeah, not bad-"

"Yes Harry!" Simon yelled and ran over to us, instantly embracing Harry and I in a hug. That was when I remembered that Harry hadn't seen the guys for more than a week. It was no wonder why the guys were so excited to see him. I wished both Simon and Josh a happy birthday before more of Harry's friends began to come over and talk to us, but I couldn't help but notice that Stephen was standing across the other side of the room as us. Our eyes locked. I could see in his eyes that he was still upset.

It pained me that we weren't speaking. 

"Harvi, Simon, come and play beer pong with me and Stephen, I think we may need a rematch," Will said, coming up to us. Simon and I both agreed and everyone around us came over to the table where beer pong had been set up. I sent a small smile in Stephen's direction and I was pleased to see that a small smile was also returned. 

We all seemed to be soberer than the last beer pong game we played a few months ago. Stephen actually managed to sink some balls this time which was a massive improvement. 10 minutes go by before Simon and I celebrate our second victory.

Balls sunk:
Simon: 5
Harvi: 5
Will: 3
Stephen: 2

Simon and I jumped into the air with excitement as Will comes over and jokingly punches their remaining cups. We were once again undefeated, the CEOs of beer pong if you will. I exchange another smile at Stephen before he began to approach me slowly.

"Good game," he said meekly. 

"Congrats on sinking two balls," I joked, "You're improving!"

"I'm just a master at sinking balls," he said before high-fiving himself. What a loser. He stood in front of me for a few more seconds, looking awkward and thinking of what to say. "Can we talk outside for a second?"