twenty one

A pair of hands rested on my shoulders to help guide me forward until my feet collided with a surface. I couldn't see anything but black. The hands moved from my shoulders to my waist and pulled me backwards a little bit so that my feet weren't in contact with anything.

"Okay, you can take off the blindfold now," Harry spoke gently from behind me. I reached my hands up to my face and removed the blindfold that was over my eyes. In front of me stood a ponytail palm sat in a white plant pot in the corner of the living room.

"That's a cute plant," I said, confused as to why it was made a surprise.

"It's a little gift for all of us to welcome you to the household for a little while. This corner seemed kind of boring and we've been wanting to put something here for ages. I thought maybe we could take care of it together," he explained. I loved the plant even more, it was such a cute and thoughtful idea. My arms snaked around Harry's neck and pressed my forehead against his.

"I love you," I whispered with a smile, "Thank you".

"I love you too, Wiper," he softly spoke and returned the smiled. His eyes softly gazed into mine, full of love and care.

Harry and I had spent the entire day moving all of my stuff from my apartment and into his place. My old and curious neighbours were a little confused as to why I was moving out so soon, we made sure to be quick so that they wouldn't ask us questions. As rude as that was, I didn't feel like talking to them for 3 hours. Not again.

Our moment was suddenly interrupted by the sound of Freezy running up the stairs and into the living room.

"Eww gross," he joked once he saw us, "Are you guys ready to go?"

Freezy had suggested that we all go out for dinner tonight, since they hadn't gone out in a while and also as a celebration for me moving in. They seemed very happy that I was moving in for a while. It made me feel very welcomed.

"Yeah, we're ready," Harry said as he pulled his face away from mine and looking at Freezy, his hands staying on my waist. I was wearing my usual natural makeup look and the outfit above while Harry wore black jeans, black trainers and a plain white hoodie.

"Lux!" Freezy called out loudly.

"I'm right here man, chill out," Lux said as he jogged down the stairs.

Before we left, the three boys decided to battle it out in paper, scissors, rock to see who was going to drive. Lux ended up losing, which he was very mad about because he wanted to drink. We all walked outside and got into Lux's car before making our way to the address that Freezy gave us. The place we were going was supposedly a new Italian restaurant that some of Freezy's friends had recommended.

After a 20 minute drive, we pulled into a carpark outside of the restaurant. It looked fairly busy, which I guess made sense since it was only 7pm. We got out of the car and walked to the entrance, bumping into two people who were walking out. To our surprise, it was Stephen and Zoë.

"Harvi! Hey," Stephen said and pulled me into a hug, shocked to see us.

"Funny seeing you guys here," I said and hugged Zoë as well. As soon as I pulled out of the hug, Harry's hand slipped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. It was cute to see him being protective but there was no need to be, it seemed to me that Stephen and Zoë were on a date.

"I came by your apartment to see you yesterday and saw the graffiti," Stephen mentioned, "Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah I'm good, I moved all of my stuff out this morning and now I'm staying with Harry and the guys until I find somewhere else to live," I explained, "There's nothing better than coming home to see 'SLUT' painted across your door".

"Oh no, that's terrible! I'm glad you're safe!" Zoë said and put her hand up to her mouth in shock. Zoë was so sweet, she'd be so perfect for Stephen.

We talked for a few more minutes before Stephen and Zoë had to leave. Once we had said our goodbyes, the four of us went inside and sat down at the table that a waitress had guided us to.

 Once we had said our goodbyes, the four of us went inside and sat down at the table that a waitress had guided us to

"This place is lovely," Lux said as we sat down at the table.

We all ordered some drinks and spent the rest of night talking about various things, from some weird video ideas that Lux had to why forks exist. The meals we ended up ordering turned out amazing too. It was nice spending time with the guys, they were so easy to talk to and they shared the same sense of humour. I felt very happy.

The night, however, began getting quite hectic after we had finished our meals.

The four of us walked outside and saw two teenage girls standing around on their phones. They looked up as soon as they heard us, immediately getting excited at the sight of Harry.

"Harry! Could we get a picture with you?" one of them asked, her whole body was trembling.

"Yeah sure," he awkwardly replied. One of the girls forcefully handed me their phone unexpectedly, causing me to drop it on the ground. I bent down to pick it up and took a sigh of relief when I saw that there were no cracks on the screen.

"I-I'm so sorry," I apologised to the girl who owned the phone. She gave me an evil glare before the two of them stood closely next to Harry. I took several photos of them, handing the phone back once I was satisfied with the ones I had taken. She opened her phone to check them before looking back up at me.

"These photos are shit," she said with a bitchy look on her face. I was usually never sensitive but these girls were making me feel as if a dagger was through my chest.

"Hey, don't be rude, they look fine" Lux chimed in.

"Harry why are you even with her?" the other girl spoke up, "She can't do anything right".

"That's not true-" Harry said before getting interrupted.

"She can't even hold a phone or take pictures properly, she can't even help you stay clean for fucks sake," she rolled her eyes. Harry's face began turning bright red.

And that's when he lost his cool.

"She's not the fucking reason I relapsed!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, "Stop putting the blame on her because she had nothing to do with why I did it!"

"Harry, it's okay-" Freezy tried to pull him back.

"No! It's not okay! My so-called supporters have treated her like shit and I've fucking had enough of it! She got fucking evicted from her apartment because of them! She's been getting death threats from them! She has been constantly fearful of being attacked or harmed! It disgusts me that people think it's okay to treat somebody like this! She hasn't fucking done anything bad to anyone!" he screamed. You could tell that what he was saying was coming from his heart. He did not stutter.

The two girls stood in silence, eyes wide and terrified. There were a few other people around us recording this on their phones. People looked afraid. Even Cal and Cal stood completely still, they looked more worried than scared. For good reason though. I had never seen him this angry before.

The only noise that could be heard was Harry's deep breathing and the sound of cancel culture coming for him.