fourteen

(a/n: I kind of rushed to finish this chapter so I apologise for any spelling errors lmao)

Adrenaline was rushing through my veins. Crisp oranges leaves crinkled under my feet as Harry and I approached a graffitied brick wall with a hole in it. The hole was about two and a half metres from the ground which meant that we had to climb up to it in order to get inside. I gulped as I noticed that the ladder that was normally here was gone. Harry breathed out deeply and turned to face me.

"What's the plan then?" he asked.

It was 7pm on the second night of staying with Harry and I had decided to take him on a little pizza date on the roof of an abandoned building. I had explored this building several times to the point where I basically knew it like the back of my hand. A bonus to this was that there was no one around to stop us from entering. It was an ideal hang-out spot and it wasn't too far from Harry's place either.

The rest of yesterday consisted of Harry and I filming and editing the challenge video I suggested. It was absolutely hilarious to see him squeeze into the outfits I had chosen. I really enjoyed filming with Harry and I would love to do it again sometime. Harry uploaded the video to his channel a few hours before we left the house to come to the abandoned building. One half of me was excited to see the comments because he introduced me as his girlfriend and I knew there would be positive comments, but the other half knew that there would be people asking about Harry's ex.

"Lift me up and then I'll help pull you up," I said, gently tossing the pizza box up and through the hole in the wall. Harry nodded and put his hands on my hips, lifting me up. I used my upper-body strength to pull myself up. Harry took a few steps back, giving himself enough room to run up the wall. He jogged up to the wall and ran up it before I grabbed his arm to help him up before he fell.

"Thanks," he laughed, grabbing the pizza box. We both stood up, dusted ourselves off and made our way through the building. I guided him up multiple sets of stairs until we got to the roof.

I stepped out onto the loose gravel, my eyes instantly squinting from the sun

I stepped out onto the loose gravel, my eyes instantly squinting from the sun. I turned to face Harry as he was stepping onto the roof and his eyes closed almost immediately due to the sun. My arms snaked around his neck, pulling him closer to break the distance between our lips. I could feel him smiling into the kiss. My hand trailed down his arm to intertwine my fingers with his own as we made our way to the edge of the building. We sat upon the brick ledge so that we were facing the sunset with our legs dangling. Harry put the pizza box in the middle of us and took his backpack off, placing it next to him. He took out two 500ml plastic bottles of Coca Cola, handing one to me.

"Why thank you, Sir Sniff," I nodded my head in his direction and accepted took the bottle. We both began eating our shared pizza, taking sips of our drinks in between each slice we ate. Once we had finished, Harry threw the box behind us and shuffled over so that he was next to me. He snaked his arm around my waist, my head finding a comfortable spot in the crook of his neck.

"I feel kind of bad for snapping at my Mom before I got hospitalised," he admitted. I tilted my neck back so that I could see his face. He looked sad and guilty.

"I think your reason to snap was valid, she had no right to put the blame on you," I said, my thumb moving like a windscreen wiper on his shoulder blades.

"Frank manipulates her, I can't help but feel a little bit bad for adding unnecessary stress on her," he looked at me. 

"She needs to gain the courage to leave him at some point and I don't think there would've been a better person to tell her the things that you told her," I said, "She needed to hear it from somebody close to her".

"I suppose you're right," he smiled at me,  "You always seem to open my mind to different ways of viewing situations".

"I wish I had the empathy that you had," I smiled back at him.

"What do you mean? You're very empathetic," he looked at me confused.

"I'm not as empathetic as you are. I'm only empathetic towards certain people, people I care for that also care for me," I explained, "Whereas you're empathetic towards everyone. You're sat here worrying about how you snapped at your Mum which happened weeks ago".

"Not everyone," he looked at his knees before locking eyes with me.

"Frank doesn't count as a person," I ensured him, running my hands through his hair.

"Thank you. Thank you for everything," he said before pressing his lips to mine.

I began to question what I said. I said that I was only empathetic to people I care for yet when I first met Harry, it made me upset knowing that he wasn't happy. I didn't even know him then. Perhaps I could feel the instant connection between us? Maybe I had a feeling that something amazing would happen between us?

Once the sun had gone down, Harry and I packed up everything that we brought and made our way out of the building. Since it gets very cold at night in London and I didn't bring a jacket or a hoodie, Harry wrapped his arms around me whilst we waited for an Uber.

We got back to Harry's place after a short car ride, instantly getting changed into comfortable clothes and climbing into bed. Harry turned his TV on and put on a documentary that he wanted to watch. I didn't quite understand it but it wasn't like I was going to stay awake for long anyway. I rested my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around him. He placed a kiss on my forehead, his arm scooping my body closer to him. He must've sensed my tiredness.

"Goodnight Wiper," he whispered into my hair. I was far too exhausted and relaxed to respond to him.

Have you gotten that feeling when you've spent a lot of time with someone and you feel like you need some space and some time to yourself? It felt like I could never get this feeling with Harry. I fell more in love with him every day I spent with him.