sixteen

"You didn't just fucking do that," I gasped while Harry laughed at me. I scraped off the cupcake batter that Harry had just smeared across my forehead and began chasing him around the kitchen with it on the tip of my fingers.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Harry giggled. He eventually stopped running, his arms up in surrender. I wiped the cupcake batter across his right cheek and kissed his left cheek before walking back to the cupcake pan on the kitchen counter. It was almost time for them to go into the oven.

Today was my last day living with Harry, for now at least. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up staying over again soon. Freezy messaged me earlier this morning saying that he'd be home at 5pm, it was currently 4pm. If I were honest, I was looking forward to having my own space again but there was nothing that could beat the feeling of waking up next to Harry every morning.

"Should I put these in the oven now?" I asked Harry, referring to the cupcakes. Harry came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Yeah, go on," he said quietly near my ear. My feet shuffled towards the oven whilst I had the cupcake pan in my hands. Harry decided not to let go of me so I dragged him along with me. I put the cupcakes in the oven and sat on the kitchen counter. Once Harry had finally decided to wipe the cupcake mix off his face, I decided to check my phone for a little bit. Harry did the same a few seconds later.

"Fuck," Harry mumbled while looking down at his phone, "People found out I overdosed".

"What? How?" I asked, my head darted in his direction.

"A fan must've been at the hospital and overheard a conversation," he replied, "Fuck! It's all over Twitter!"

"If I'm being honest, I think it was bound to happen. The Sidemen fanbase can be insane," I said, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just surprised," he said, continuing to stare at his phone.

Why couldn't people mind their own business? Youtubers are people too, their privacy should be respected especially in a situation like this. The person who leaked this information needed a slap. In what world would tweeting about this ever be a good idea?

I walked over to Harry and embraced him in a hug, running my hands through his hair. I was silently hoping that this didn't affect him much. People were going to be both nice and mean if it was any other situation, though it would've been amazing if people didn't know this information.

Harry's phone became to vibrate on the kitchen counter, an unknown number showing on the screen. I pulled away from Harry so that he could reach his phone.

"I'm going to grab a hoodie and take this call but I'll be right back," he said before kissing me and dashing upstairs to his room.

I couldn't help but eavesdrop. The house was completely silent and he was only one floor above me, what else was I supposed to do? I tried my hardest to hear and figure out who was on the other end of the call.

"Hello, who is this? ... Ka- ... Yeah sure, I mean, wait, no! No, I won't get coffee with you ... Kate, you made it pretty clear that things were over between us, please don't call again" was all I could hear before Harry came back downstairs.

It was Katie. Katie wanted to get coffee with Harry. Harry's first instinct was to say yes.

"You heard that didn't you?" Harry stopped walking and looked me in the eyes with sadness as soon as he saw me.

"Sniff, I don't want to be a rebound," I said quietly.

"You're not a rebound, I promise-"

"She asked you to get coffee with her, you instantly said yes before correcting yourself," I cut him off.