We need a break // f.w

Y/n

I walked inside my house after another day of school, only to hear my parents fighting... again. They've been like this on and off for the past three years and I hate it.

"Hey y/n, we need to talk to you" my mom said and I slowly walked into the kitchen "what's us?" I ask, somewhat nervous "well, you know how we've been fighting a lot lately..." my mom says trailing off.

No mom, I haven't noticed, I thought you guys were just fine... note the sarcasm.

I just nodded, not really knowing what to say "well, you mother and I have decided that maybe ... it would. . . Be best if we took a break" my dad said "what does that mean?" I asked confused "well, we're not going to get a divorce. . . Yet, but seeing as nothing is getting better, we thought it would be best if we took a break from each other, we don't think it's healthy for you and you brother/sister to be living like this anymore" my mom sighed, I just stood there with no emotion "ok. I- I'm going to go upstairs." I said.

It's been a week since my parents told me that they're splitting up. We've found a house not too far from here, and my parents told my brother/ sister.

He/she didn't take it so well, he/she didn't talk for two days, and me, well I've been trying my best to act like everything is normal so I don't break. I can't let that happen, I can't let my brother/sister see that this is effecting me too, or else they'll think that it won't be ok, and I can't do that to my parents, it's already stressful enough for them.

As I walked to school, I didn't even notice the tears falling freely down my face. I quickly whipped them away before my boyfriend saw, the last thing I would want is him worrying about me.

The school day was extremely long, it was like torchere. I didn't really talk much to anyone and I also didn't smile much, which I probably should have, or else maybe it would've made me look more normal.

"Hey beautiful, can you come over tonight, we haven't hung out all week" Finn asked, hugging me from behind.

It's true, we haven't hung out all week, but that's only because I've been afraid if I'm with him, I'll just end up crying and breaking down in front of him, I haven't even told him what's going on yet.

"I need to ask my mom" I said in a small voice "ok love" he smiled giving me a kiss on my cheek before I took out my phone to text my mom.

After a few minutes of waiting for a response she said yes "I can come" I smiled weekly, maybe it would do me some good to get out of the house for a while.

Once we got to Finn's house we went straight to his room where he sat me down on his bed and held onto both of my hands "y/n, what's wrong? You e been acting strange all week, and it's killing me, you know you can talk to me, right?" Finn told me, my eyes started to water, I couldn't speak, if I spoke I wouldn't be able to hold it in any more "come on baby, please talk to me" Finn practically begged "Finn, my parents are 'taking a break' or whatever! I don't know what to do! I feel so stressed out, I knew they weren't getting along, but I didn't think it was that bad! Th-they told my brother/sister a-and they wouldn't talk for two days! I- I feel bad for feeling like this! I can't let my family see me like this, to let them know that I'm not ok! My parents would feel so bad, and there already stressed enough, I don't want them worrying about me too! And my brother/sister can't know this because they'll think that if I'm feeling this way, that everything won't be ok, I can't let them think that!" I cried, letting everything out that I'd been holding in all week "oh y/n, I wish you told me sooner! I wish I was able to be there for you, please don't worry about what the rest of your family will think, and if you really don't want them to know how you're feeling, you can talk to me, whenever you need me, I'm here for you. I love you y/n" Finn said softly, pulling me into a tight hug "th-thank you" I mumbled into his top.

788 words
Sorry this is kind of stupid, but this chapter is based off of true events that took place two weeks ago for me, it's not exactly the same, but this is the kind of support I felt like I needed, and still do. I have a problem with holding my emotions in, and I haven't really opened up to anyone about it yet. Anyways sorry for that rant, you probably don't care.
Thanks for reading💕