4. The Aconite & Lilies

(A/N: Anyone interested in flowers?)

___________________________________________

3rd P.O.V

A silence follows after the two girls saw each other.

???'s finger was on the trigger, on the verge of unloading a steel bolt.

Wiya's left hand was already on the back of her waist, seems to be reaching for something while making sure that it does not seem too obvious.

No one else except them was present in that place.

[So, this is where you should say 'Don't move or I'll shot' right?] - Wiya

She added a giggle at the end, but ??? Stayed silent and kept her sight on Wiya's forehead.

Wiya guess was on the spot if the sniper's mission was to kill her, then ??? would already be loaded in a bolt into her head. But the sniping during her moment with (Y/N) still left her clueless.

[This is what we're playing huh? I guess it can be quite fun] - Wiya

Her hand grabbed a remote and a short thin rod in between her fingers from the back pocket. She grins at the sniper, causing ??? to feel unsettled.

??? narrowed her eyes towards Wiya and focused on her suspicious hands.

A metal rod could be seen falling between her legs. The sniper was slightly distracted by it, which went along with Wiya's intention.

*Ting!*

The moment the metal rod hit the ground, a small crack appeared on it and smokes starts to escape.

*Bang!*

???'s pulled the trigger but there was no flesh piercing sound, meaning that shot had missed.

The number of smokes were abnormal and reaches the 4th floor of the building where the sniper is. It covered the whole street and hides Wiya's figure.

There were no signs of panic in ???'s eyes. Instead, she pulled her heavy crossbow back and focussed on the other senses except for sight.

*Ping!*

A familiar sound of a pulled pin caused her to gaze down below from the window. Her eyes follow on something small going up.

It slowly went to a stop, right in front of the window... a grenade. If she had not lowered her sense of sight, ??? would already knew what it was.

She gritted her teeth and let herself fall to the back coupled with a roll.

*Boom!*

The grenade explodes as ??? did her best to distance herself but still got wounded. Her right arm was bleeding from scratches caused by some shrapnel.

[Hoo~ You survived a grenade from that distance] - Wiya

The sniper did not bother to reply and sat against the wall at the edge of the room. ??? ripped a part of her cloak and quickly tied it on the area with most wounds.

[Woops!] - Wiya

Right after applying the rag, another frag grenade came into the room. ??? strapped the heavy crossbow on her back and leapt towards the open door.

*Slam!*

*Boom!*

She took the chance to close the door and managed to protect herself from the blast radius.

If it was a normal operator, he or she would be sweating and breathing heavily from the near-death experiences, but it was different for this mysterious sniper.