25: Riley

"Hey Ry, the class ended like three minutes ago," Quinn says tapping my shoulder.

I glance around frantically and notice that Quinn is right. There is no one else in the class now, it's empty.

Did I really think about Quinn for the entire class?

Shit. My grades will seriously be dropping a bit.

"Are you okay? You're really spacey today. You didn't write down anything from lecture today," Quinn adds.

I look down and notice that she is right. I look up at her sheepishly and nod my head to show that I'm okay.

"I'll give you my notes later so that you can copy them," Quinn adds as I pack up my stuff.

I say thank you and get up to walk out of the classroom with her. I hesitate for a few seconds before asking, "hey, do you, I don't know, want to go to the carnival on Friday with me?"

Quinn smiles and automatically says yes, then adds, "Is Mason going too?"

I nod and I think I see her smile falter a little before she says, "oh okay. Cool."

"Well actually, Mason is also bringing a friend," I add.

"Oh. So I won't be third wheeling then," she chuckles. "Then I'm in. Should be lots of fun."

I agree before Quinn says bye and heads to her class. I'm left standinging there and my heart is pounding.

I shouldn't be so afraid right? I accomplished my plan to get Quinn to go, but it's wrong. I lied to Quinn, she doesn't know I set her up.

What if she gets really angry at me?

What should I do?!

Cancel and have to deal with my crush on Quinn or go through with the plan and possible have Quinn angry at me but be in a relationship? Both options sound awful. I'm in a real catch 22 now and it sucks.

The only thing I can do is make sure Quinn has the best date possible. I need to train the guy that Mason brings to treat Quinn like the princess that she is. However, I will do that later. I need to get to class now.

So, I go through my classes trying to think of ways of making Quinn swoon with the guy. I know her pretty well, so this isn't very hard.

I know that Quinn loves adrenaline. So of course she needs to be taken on all the big rides. She also loves to dance so I need to make the guy use the dance machine game in the arcade section or make them dance at night when they do a live band. Quinn also  likes small stuffed animals, she thinks they are so cute. What she doesn't know though is that she looks adorable when hugging one.

By the end of the day I have a page full of ideas and I run to the field to see Mason and check put the guy that he picked. Thankfully I get there before Quinn does and I immediately head towards Mason who wraps his arms around me.

Instead if hugging him and kissing him, I push him away slightly so that I can ask, "okay, who is the guy?"

Mason looks confused at first then remembers what we talked about earlier. He points to the guy and I recognize him. I don't know him too well since he isn't good friends with Mason, but he never gets in trouble or causes a ruckus. So I guess he's a good pick.

"Did he say yes to Friday?" I ask Mason.

He nods and asks, "What is this weird friendship tactic? I don't understand it."

"Well, you see, if she gets in a relationship then it's better," I reply while looking around for Quinn.

"Why?"