44: Quinn

"If you're not sick, then how do you explain why you are so hot and red?" the nurse asks Riley.

"Yeah, Riley. Please do explain," I tease. Riley looks at the nurse then at me and back to the nurse.

"I'm sick!"

"I knew it!" the nurse exclaims and I chuckle. Of course Riley rather be sent home then tell the nurse or me the truth.

"I'm calling your parents to get you now," the nurse says before walking out of the office. Riley stares at me in shock and I just roll my eyes.

"Wait, I can't afford to go home now. I've still got class and my parents are working!" Riley panics.

"You really didn't think this through," I say chuckling. "You could just tell the truth and not go home."

"What truth?" She replies.

I get up and seductively walk closer to her. She gulps and tries to look at anything else but me.

"What's wrong, Riley? You're getting more red. You must be very sick," I add.

I continue this game and reach forward so that I can lightly graze her cheek. She shivers at my touch. I trace her cheek carefully and slide down to her neck. I can feel her pulse, her heartbeat is very fast.

"The nurse will be back any second," Riley whispers out.

"So..."

"So, she might see," Riley replies.

"So what. I'm not doing anything but checking how sick you are," I tease. "Unless you're not actually sick."

"I am. You shouldn't be touching me, I might get you sick," she says and I roll my eyes at her.

I take another step closer to Riley. We are merely a few inches away from each other at this point. "Go ahead, get me sick," I reply as I stare at her lips.

I can see Riley hesitate for a few seconds before pushing me back and getting up to walk to the other corner of the room. "Friends don't let each other get sick," she adds.

Before I can respond, the nurse comes back in to tell Riley that her dad is coming to pick her up. The nurse turns to look at me and says, "you should go to class now."

"I'm worried about Riley, I would rather wait," I reply but I don't think the nurse is going to let that happen. She makes me leave the office and head back to class without another word.

Damn it Riley. Why can't she just admit it. I like her. I'm so into her, but I'm not going to say anything until she does. I know what I want, I want her to want the same thing though. So, I'll wait.

It's going to be very difficult because all I want to do is kiss her, but I'm not giving in first. If Riley thinks she can win this game then she is very wrong. This is just the beginning.

I get to my class when it's halfway done already, so it's not long before it ends and I head to practice. I spot Mason on the field and need to tell him not to wait up for Riley.

I walk over to him and he waves at me. "Hey, Quinn, how's it going?"

"Good, thank you. How about you? Riley told me everything."

"I figured she would. I'm doing relatively well considering the situation," he chuckles. "I hope Riley is doing well too."

"Well actually, she got sent home," I tell him.

"Why!? What's wrong?!"

"Nothing, she's just a bit sick. Mostly just being a bit dramatic," I explain.