ZERO

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Z = ZERO ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"NE, BONEHEAD, you know you're way too much trouble, right?" the leek-haired boy's ruby eyes glared at you, as he cocks an eyebrow.

you didn't speak, instead you pursed your lips while senku wrapped a bandage around your wrist. you've been playing rough and getting hurt recently; though, you think it serves you right for not taking the fact that you're extremely fragile into consideration. ever since your parents had introduced you to the byakuya family, you've been spending a majority of your time with them. you never complained about it, unlike senku who despised your company.

"listen, stupid. i have no intention of befriending you. if you keep coming here asking me to aide you when you're injured, i'll push you away. you should really tell your parents or the nurse, or something," the preschooler rolls his eyes, finishing the last of the bandage wrap.

"they'll scold me! well, way worse than you. that isn't fun. plus, i like being with you!" your lips had finally curved into a wide smile, making senku scoff in disbelief.

"you're such a weirdo.." he retorts, getting up from his seat.

you giggle and stare at him, "you are too! i've never met someone as smart as you, ishi-chan! it's strange.."

"shut up, you better leave before that old man invites you over for dinner." senku spoke, picking his ear with his pinky finger, "and i told you to stop calling me that, moron."

"ne, ishi-chan, i'm not complaining, but why are you agreeing to 'aide' me," you inquired with curiosity filling your eyes.

"kukuku, old man doesn't want you to die," senku jokes, walking back to his science contraption.

"huh? i don't think i'll-"

"yeah, yeah, whatever, dummy. i told you to go, i'm doing something. why are you still here?" he groans, not facing you as he shoos you off.

"right," you mumble. you figured there was no arguing with him. ever since your parents have introduced you to the ishigami family, you've tried to befriend that leek-haired boy.

of course, byakuya had been nothing but kind and gentle with you, unlike his stubborn son, which was known to not be a very open book.

even after all the rude comments and put-downs senku had gave you, you've grown quite a liking to him.

about three years passed, after all the persistence with senku, he finally accepted you as a person in his life after offering to help him with his experiments. he figured it wouldn't be bad to have an extra hand in his work.

although, ever since that day, your mother had enrolled you into kendo lessons, for your own self defense. she stated it would be good for your fragileness.

this of course cut your time with senku off short, he didn't mind one bit because he liked the silence when you weren't there. plus, he had taiju lend him an extra hand.

"we're being invited to the ishigami's household for dinner," your mother informs, making your head snap towards her.

"REALLY?" you bounce, a big smile forming on your face. you haven't seen senku in a while, your parents and you were busy lately.

"yes," your mother sighed, "change out of your kendo uniform, we're going there now."

without hesitation you dart your way to your room, changing your clothes and making your way out.

you and your parents were now outside the door, and you could hear the door creak open, the one opening the door was none other than senku, accompanied by his father.

they both kindly and properly greet you into their home, and senku averted his attention to you, making your cheeks feel warm.

he huffs and shrugs, making his way back into his house. after the lovely dinner byakuya had served, you and senku decide to go outside to watch the stars while you both eat popsicles together.

"two weeks of pure bliss, gone to waste," senku sighs, taking another lick from his cold dessert.

you laugh at his remark, "pure bliss? i was bored to death, ishi-chan!"

he groans at your response, he clearly wasn't very delighted to see you, even if he considered you a friend.

after a bit of silence, you spoke, "hey, senku-kun." the sudden change in nicknames made his head turn to you, in curiosity and slight irritation.

"i think i like you. a lot...." you let out, staring at the big moon that was out tonight.

"nothing new..." he deadpanned, giving his attention back to the bright night sky.

"no.. i mean. i love you, ishi-chan," you breathe out, smiling, making the ruby-eyed boy snap his head to you.

his face was a mix of disbelief and confusion, he inched away from you a little and spoke, "a confession?"

"i guess," you shrug, examining senku's face which had always been slightly covered by the strand of hair sticking out.

he sighed and turned back to the sky, "it's just a phase, your feelings about me will eventually assuage. you're speaking way too soon."

"i doubt that, senku kun! i like you a lot! i don't think that'll stop," you beamed, noticing how the stars twinkle in the presence of the moon.

"tch. so you're like the moon, huh, (y/n)? my dumb father told me that the moon followed me around because it liked me."

"sure, in your way. but to me you're the moon and i'm the stars. i'll stick right by you, always." you dictated, making senku scoff.

"shut up loser, that was cringy," he states, finishing the last of his popsicle, making you giggle like he always has.

he stands up and heads inside the house, and stops halfway, "oi, nitwit, are you coming or not?"

"right behind you, ishi-chan!"

"would you stop calling me that already?"

"of course not."

✎༅ author's note ˎˊ-
  HI!!! i'm starting a new book i know um..... i hope you like it so far!! this chapter barely touched on you and senku's relationship, but there will be more ofc!!!

NOTE: the writing gets better throughout the book! <3
ty for reading <3

- アニカさん