SIX

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Z = SIX ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"no," he replies as his voice trails off, "he's dead."

my lips part slightly and i stop for a moment. "dead?" many thoughts took over, but i was brought out of my trance when gen nudged me gently with his elbow.

he gives me a reassuring look and i softly smile at him. we continue walking and i look towards tsukasa's direction. "he's lying. i know he's alive." i think. i truly believed senku was the first one to wake up, and that he had no intention of dying.

tsukasa kindly showed me around the place; where i would be training, sleeping, etc. he handed me a spear, which made me slightly nervous since i haven't mastered using a spear, but it was obviously the best thing the stone world had to offer.

☆ ☆ ☆

yesterday, i was revived and was being put to work in tsukasa's "kingdom." i am still adjusting of course, but i've gotten a bit used to everything.

i was mentally sighing at myself for overthinking too many things. to take my mind off of it i decided to scout around for different herbs and leaves to start a new project and to get myself productive.

as i observe different plants, the thought of all my teammates and friends come in to mind. "3,700 years? i hadn't realized that it's a hell of a long time."

i sigh and put down the basket, sitting and looking through the leaves, figuring out what would be useful.

i plate of burnt looking bread suddenly pops in front of me, and i jump back slightly. i look up slowly to see gen looking down on me, smiling with his eyes closed.

i laugh and he sits in front of me sighing at the creation on his plate, pouting. i playfully raise an eyebrow at him and he speaks, "i tried making bread. i don't know how it burnt...."

"ehh...? how'd you even bake it?"

"i didn't...."

i cover my mouth and laugh, and he whines.

"y'know maybe it isn't burnt....." he tosses it aside and shrugs. he looks up at the sky with his eyes closed, sighing once more.

i hum quietly while continuing to search for certain herbs in the basket. he opens one eye and looks at my arms, making an audible "hm?"

"(y/n) chan... do you mind me asking why you have those bandage wraps on your arm? how did you get hurt?"

"oh, these? they're from the training grounds, my body just can't take any damage.. my whole body is sore." i frown, fixing the unrapping bandages, "though, i think if i'll get used to it i'll be okay."

i carefully pick through the rest of the herbs i've gathered. only a few of them had seemed at least a bit useful, so i made a plan to gather more of the same kind until i discover a new type.

"no, gen. i don't thing that flower would benefi-"

"(y/n)? tsuka requests your presence."

"me?"

i turn back and see minami giving a sort of "backhanded," look with a forced smile plastered on her face. i look back at gen and he shrugs, standing up.

i dust myself off and bring my basket with me, waving goodbye to gen as minami leads me to tsukasa.

we finally arrive at his cave and i carefully set down my stash of herbs. i look up to face the long-haired man, who was resting his cheek on his hand.

before i could speak, he asks, "how has your time here been so far, (y/n)?"

i think for a moment. i haven't really been here all that long, so i stood there, hands behind my back, humming until i could conjure up a response.

"hmm... i'm still adjusting, of course. i've been collecting different things just as you ordered me too."

he nods and stands from his seat, walking towards me. i don't move from my place, i trusted he wouldn't try to hurt me, there was literally no reason to.

he grabs ahold of my arm gently, and runs his fingers through my bandages, "how'd you get these."

"i-i guess i should've told you," i stammer nervously, "my arms are the most fragile part of my body.. i'm not really sure how the wounds formed but they get there pretty easily."

he lets go of my arm and sighs, "i understand. you shouldn't push yourself too hard, though."

he takes my chin and carefully moves my head to examine if there were any more injuries, and my face turns hot. "WHY."

he nods, "you can go back to doing what you were doing now. sorry for the interruption." i nod my head no in opposition, "it's fine!"

i grab the basket and start making my way out, "by the way.... you should smile more! i think it'd look good on you," i turn around and flash him a bright smile before turning back.

as i was walking, i felt multiple eyes darted on me. i shivered slightly, but i continued to tread along. "i'm being followed."

i walk a little bit more so i'm in the clear, but the feeling doesn't leave. i gasp quietly, putting down my basket.

i turn around hopefully and run to the two figures who were following me, and engulf them into a tight hug.

"TAIJU KUN! YUZU SAN!" i embrace my childhood friends tightly, as i felt their arms hug me back. i knew it was them from instinct, and it gave me a slight hope inside that senku was still alive.

"(N/N)!" "(Y/N) CHAN," they both shout in sync. i was so relieved to hear their voices that i felt a tear roll down my cheek, "thank god you're here."

we shared a few more moments hugging in silence, until it's finally broken. i wipe my tears with my hand and looked at them. yuzuriha's hair was cut short, as taiju looked a little more matured.

"senku...." i whisper, "senku... is he still alive?"

they both nod their heads at me, with a determined look. i exhale sharply; it felt as if a thousand pounds of bricks were taken off my shoulders.

"hina is too!" taiju gives me a thumbs up. i smile, "do you mind telling me what happened while i was asleep?"

✎༅ author's note ˎˊ-
sorry for the shorter kind of chapter! i intended for this to be longer but i'd thought i'd save the rest for the next one. ( T_T)\(^-^ )

- アニカさん