SEVEN

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Z = SEVEN ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

you were preparing your spear to go into the training field. it's been 3 days since you last met up with yuzuriha and taiju, you both agreed to keep your distance to avoid any suspicion.

although it was now confirmed by the two of them that senku was alive, you obviously didn't think it was a smart idea to leave the empire and find the village senku was stationed at.

you took this as an opportunity to get stronger. so you trained harder, though more injuries showed up on your body, you didn't let it get in the way.

while in your time in the field, you didn't underestimate anyone's strength there. everyone was strong and some of them quite cocky.

there was one particular person who stayed quiet, ukyo saionji. you've spoken to him a few times, he stated he was in the navy and had experience with a sonar. he was very skilled in in using a bow and arrow, his aim was precise, he was shown to be essential in the empire.

you take a small break, knowing that overworking yourself wouldn't be good. you sit down on a large stone and sigh.

ukyo takes a seat next to you, "how are you doing, (y/n)?"

"spectacular," you mumble, observing your blisters. he nods and opens his hand, showing his hand, revealing his blisters to you.

"god, those look rough, ukyo.... how'd you get them?" you asked. he adjusts his hat, "maybe swinging around the trees all day isn't much of a good idea.." responds ukyo.

you chuckle "doesn't really sound like a flattering idea, no... do you want me to help with them? i collected new medicines and got a new cloth-"

"it's fine, i can handle it-"

"too bad," you huff and drag him to your cave-type room, "they'll get infected and i'll probably feel responsible."

"(y/n)-"

"hush."

you sit him down and start caring for his hands, "hey, ukyo... can i ask you something?" he nods.

"what's something you'd change about this place?"

"hmm.... maybe how bloodshed is normalized. i dread seeing people injured, which is why i purposely miss all my arrows when i direct them at people.... i wish there was some kind of place where it was all.... civilized, well, more civilized than this place... just a place where..." his voice trails off and he exhales, "you know? do you think something like that exists here in this stone world."

"i believe so, i can take you there... soon. there's someone special to me, i want to get back to them as soon as possible," you smile, wrapping the last of his bandages and he stands up.

"i see.. thank you (y/n), i'll take my leave now," he stands and started for the exit, "and, i hope you reunite with that special person," he smiles.

"of course, anytime, ukyo! and i'm sure i will!"

☆ ☆ ☆

you walk around the whole empire, exploring as much as you can, so getting from one place to another would be more convenient.

you would meet up with taiju and yuzuriha on some occasions, though one of you acquaintances nikki were keeping a close gaurd near them.

you walk near tsukasa's cave and overhear his and gen's voice talking. you stop for a second and listen, "gen, i have a task for you; i'd like you to confirm that senku ishigami is dead, to secure he won't make allies out of the village."

"village?"

"i understand. i'll be on my way soon, tsukasa chan..." responds gen. you could hear his footsteps draw nearer so you walked off.

as you walk away, gen calls your name, "(y/n) chan!~ you heard the whole thing, right?~"

"i'll be visiting your precious senku chan soon~" he states in his usual tone of voice and starts to walk away from you.

you stutter and catch up with him, "hm? what is it (y/n) chan?" he asks, raising a brow at you as you look up at the sky. he chuckles quietly and clears his throat, "do you wanna come with?"

your head snaps in his direction and your face softens as you sigh, "no.. well, i do i just... i need to stay here, for now."

gen flashes a small smile and scoffs playfully, "you're really persistent on it... why is that?" he asks, making you think for a second before you speak again.

"well, for starters, wouldn't it be selfish? tsukasa kun knows that i know senku, there's no doubt he'll know that i'd go to see him in a heartbeat. i also don't wanna raise suspicion.... but gen, may i ask you something?.." you pause once more as the mentalist waits to listen.

".... please tell me if he's alive. i don't know if you plan on returning, but.... in the meantime i could form some sort of plan."

"oh? 'don't know if i plan on returning?' what do you mean, (y/n) chan?"

"let's just say i have a hunch that you'll be staying with him," you smile, and turn to face gen, who had stopped walking when you had.

"deal?"

".... well.... i do ask for something in return, dear (y/n) chan..." he smirks at you, giving you an uneasy feeling about what he was about to say.

"make me a cup of tea when i return. i know you're very much capable of it~" he shrugs, saying it in the playful tone he'd usually make.

"... tea?"

"... yes?"

"..... alright, deal," you stick your hand out, giving a bright smile to the mentalist. he gladly shakes your hand and you part your ways. you start to look for more herbs and plants to fulfill gen's favor.

"please be alive, senku."

✎༅ author's note ˎˊ-
hello everyone!! sorry for the late update, i'm on a block again ('-').。oO
also, please make sure to sign petitions and potentially donate! resources link in bio!!

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2K READS! <3333

- r