EIGHT

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Z = EIGHT ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

it's been about 3 days since gen had left on his mission, and you questioned if he found the alleged village he was staying in. you were sure and convinced that senku would be able to win the village over, especially since hina was with him.

you were currently standing next to yuzuriha, since tsukasa had but both of you on guarding duty. you kept the talking limited after being informed by taiju that tsukasa had sent someone to look after the three of you.

while observing the gray clouds, you sigh quietly, "it'll be pretty rainy all week," you mutter, holding a hand out while a few drops sprinkle on your palm.

a figure caught your attention, it moved fast, and after a few seconds, you see gen frantically panting, injuries all over his body as he doesn't hesitate to sprint inside tsukasa's cave.

"tsukasa... chan..." he says between pants, and tsukasa cleared his throat.

"why are you injured?" he asks sternly.

"i got in a small fight with a few of the villagers.... but i can assure you...

".... senku chan is dead," he breathes out.

you couldn't really tell what was going on, since you had to keep patrol and you were only able to overhear what was happening. yuzuriha looks at you as a sly grin forms on your face and you whisper, "he's alive."

☆ ☆ ☆

gen sits on your sleeping bag as you brew the tea you promised him inside a stone cup over a small fire you made. you slip some herbs inside, which would help his injuries. you kept quiet as he watched you.

after it was finished, you take the cup and hand it to him, but taking it back when he was about to reach for it, "don't think i forgot about the deal, gen."

he pouts, "awe, (y/n) chan, but i'm injured! i just know your tea will help me!" he unconvincingly whines, and you heave a large sigh.

"i already took care of your injuries, dummy. this'll only help you a little. now, care to tell me about your trip, gen?"

"i will! though my throat is a bit itchy, your tea will-"

"dude, just take it," you laugh, handing him the cup as he takes a big sip from it, sighing in relief.

"well to answer your questions, senku chan is alive and well," he says, and you relax a little.