ELEVEN

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Z = ELEVEN ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"she can't be serious," senku sighs in absolute defeat at your state, which was currently you sitting on a stool with your head pressed against the glass table. you were completely knocked out. it didn't help that you whad already been introduced to the others, and this was the first impression you made.

gen laughs sheepishly, "well... can you blame her? she nearly wasted all her energy... just to see you," gen emphasizes the last sentence, making senku groan in annoyance as he rubs the bridge of his nose; he knew exactly what he was doing.

"i think we should just let her sleep?" hina shrugs, she was having just as a hard time as gen understanding why senku was so worked up.

"no. we have no time to waste right now. either she's waking up, or i'll have to drag her myself," senku's arm's cross and hina practically snorts at his response.

"yeah, leave the dragging to kohaku instead," she says, causing her and gen to hold a laugh. senku simply ignored the remark, finally letting his arms drop to his sides.

"plus, senku chan, chrome is also passed out too, we shouldn't overwork ourselves. as much as we trust your word, you have to admit taking breaks once in a while isn't illogical," gen shrugs, making senku sigh once more.

there was a slight movement from you, and you finally flutter your eyes open, lifting your head up slowly. you blink a few times to unblur your vision, and hina, senku, and gen finally come to view.

"ah- morning.." you say groggily, sitting yourself up as you look around the hut.

"it's way past morning, idiot," senku sneers, picking the inside of his ear as per-usual. your eyes widen for a split second, and you scratch the side of your head.

"how long was i out?"

"four hours, give or take," hina answers, and you nod slowly.

"... alright... give me four more..." your eyes started to feel heavy again, but senku quickly slams his hand against the table, but it only made you turn your attention to him.

you glance outside, night time had already fallen, and you start to feel guilty for falling asleep. you avert your attention back to senku, who raised a brow at you intently.

"look, i can tell what you're about to say, and i'm sorry. i've been super exhausted these passed few days and i-"

senku interjects, "it's fine. you only delayed something minor," he rolls his eyes, your eyes widen.

"wait what? what'd i delay?"

he rolls his eyes, "never mind that, come with me," he exhales, walking outside the hut. you glance at gen and hina, who simply shrugged in response. you rub your eyes as you stand up, slowly following behind senku who would occasionally check to see if you were still behind him.

you weren't sure where he was taking you, but you didn't want to break the peaceful silence that was going on. you ended up spacing out, after a couple of minutes, senku lightly nudged you with his elbow, causing you to stop walking. you look at him for a second, pulling your eyes away to face foward.

in front of you two was a abnormally large tree, with built ladder-like stairs. he takes a few steps foward, and climbs the tree. there were still no words exchanged by the two of you, but yet again, the silence wasn't dreadful at all. he eventually reaches the top, and you start up ahead.

he sat with his back pressed against the giant tree trunk, and he looks to the side. you face the same direction at him, and your mouth almost gaped open.

you could clearly see the body of water surrounding the two lands, the surface was glistening and sparkle under the moon. you make a quiet noise of surprise, and senku glances at you.

there wasn't really anything specific he wanted to talk about with you, of course he planned to fill you in on everything, but it seemed the both of you had no words to say to each other.

as spontaneous as you were, your company surprisingly calmed senku down, even though he wasn't particularly distressed about anything right now. you hummed quietly, which oddly enough, appeared to sooth senku even more, though he would never admit it.

"so what'd i miss when i was gone?" you ask him calmly, not averting your eyes from the water.

senku hummed in response and began to tell you about everything, to the founding of the village, up to the grand bout and his 'marriage.'

you nod your head and smile, and you suddenly remembered something, "taiju and yuzuriha say hello, by the way."

"good to know they're doing fine."

then a sentence popped up in his mind, the words taiju spoke before the petrification, "well, what about you senku? have you confessed anything for the past....... how many years?"

"that big oaf..." senku mumbles under his breath, and you turn your head to him.

"hm?"

"nothing.."

you pondered on telling him about the statues of your parents that you saw, but you decided that you would save it for another day. it was another moment of silence, the ambient noises the water calmed the tension.

"sorry if all of this is so sudden..." he sighs, and a frown forms on his face.

you wait for him to elaborate and he speaks again, "though, your help is essential, we'll definitely get the antibiotic finished faster.."

you flash him a big grin, "of course! i'll try my best," you assured, your voice trailed off slightly, senku noticed, and he raised a brow at you sternly.

"something wrong?" he asked, and your grin turns into a small smile as you shake your head in denial.

"it's nothing, really," you scoot a little next to him, closing off the gap between the two of you, "i'm just glad to be here, i guess." you shrug, staring off into the view once again.

senku's eyes were fixated on you, he knew there was something wrong, but he brushed it off. he exhales sharply, staring at the glittering water.

your eyes began to feel heavy, and you feel your thoughts getting mixed. a weight was added onto senku's shoulders, taking him by surprise as he saw you softly snoring with your head leaning on him.

he scoffed to himself in disbelief, but he figured he would let you rest for a while, even if it meant making his shoulder sore the next morning.

✎༅ author's note ˎˊ-
sorry if this seems like a slow burn so far, we'll be getting into things soon!!
i enjoyed writing this one <3

unedited

- r