NINE

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Z = NINE ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

a few days had passed since you and gen had taken your leave from tsukasa's kingdom. gen had informed that your destination was near. you both would keep out for hyoga and the others to make sure you were ahead of them. your feet had gone sore and your legs felt like they were about to snap off with little force, only, you wouldn't have felt it due to them almost feeling completely numb. nonetheless, you kept your pace and kept your head facing the path.

"you know, you're filled with energy, (y/n) chan... how do you do it?" gen says, slouching. you chuckle lightly, looking ahead, humming.

"no actually, i'm exhausted. though i can't worry about that right now. we're almost there, right?" you state, and gen nods, straightening his body. you knew immediately, right after this, you would be taking the fattest nap you have ever experienced.

you walk for about a half an hour more, and the alleged village finally came into view, but something caught your attention, like an itch that was dreading to be scratched. you couldn't ignore it. it was such a prominent feeling, a strong unknown instinct you felt in your guts.

gen noticed you looked to the right, and he suspiciously raises a brow, "something wrong, (y/n) chan?"

"uh- yeah.... you go ahead, i'll catch up in a bit..." you say, walking away from him impulsively before he could say anything else to you. your legs hurt even more from running between trees. the branches began to scratch ever so slightly on your gentle, fragile skin, but you couldn't be bothered to acknowledge it.

you were now in a forest of trees, still feeling something strong in your gut. you look around for a while, scanning the trees and the bright, blue painted sky, and something finally caught your eye.

you run towards two stone statues and stop when you examine the both of them properly, your heart starting to beat out of your chest. you dust off the dirt off the statue's faces and gasp slightly.

"mom? d-dad?" you whispered, still observing the faces. no, this can't be. afterall, they were dead, right? they can't be alive, it didn't sit right with you, and it sounded absurd.

"oh, don't be ridiculous, (y/n)... it's not them.." you mutter, frowning in disappointment. you were in denial, you mind raced with thoughts, swirling around, you couldn't keep your head straight.

you found it unbelievable that they could alive. it wasn't confirmed, but this was the closest you could get back to them. you stay there for a while, reminiscing.

feeling a tear slip from your eyes, you couldn't help but blame yourself that you weren't able to help them, even if they might've been miles away from your area when it was announced they were dead.