Part 10

Skip 4 weeks*

Lauren POV

I and Drew are at the doctor's waiting to be called for a check-up on the baby.

"Lauren Martin?" A female nurse calls. "Here". We get up and follow the nurse. We enter and sit down and wait for the doctor to come. As Drew sits on the chair next to the bed, he stares at me in awe. "What are you looking at?" "Your beautiful face". I start blushing. He starts to lean in but a knock interrupts us. "Come in." The girl doctor walks in with a clipboard in her hand. "Lauren Martin, am I right?" "Yup," I say as I make a pop sound to the "p". "And who is this young man?" "This is Drew." "Hello," he says. "And I suppose you're here for a check-up?" she says referring to the phone call we made 2 weeks ago. "Yes."
Ok, can you lift your shirt up to the start of your bra?" I do as she says. "Alright, now I'm going to put some cold gel on your stomach and rub it".  As she does that and a small figure pops on the screen.

I and Drew stare at the sonogram in awe. He grabs my hand and caresses my knuckles. Tears softly slip down my cheek one by one. "It's beautiful," I say. "You and me both beautiful," says Drew. "As I'm looking, your baby is doing perfectly fine, when you are about 16-20 weeks pregnant, you can find out the baby's gender then or you could wait until it's born to find out. But I'm in the meantime, come back for another check-up sometime next month." "Alright we 'lol be there." "I wish you guys luck and have a nice rest of your day." She gathers her stuff while we say "you too". I and Drew head out to the parking lot. "I'm so proud of you, Lauren! I can't wait to see how this baby grows up." "Awe, Drew !" He opens the door for me and gets in on the other side while I close my door.