Part 23

Lauren POV

The morning came quicker than expected. Sleeping through the night was rare for me, but given that I was no longer pregnant, it made sense. I could finally get the rest I was so desperately craving.

I walked to the kitchen to look for some food about an hour after laying in bed. A note was on the fridge, so I walked over to it to read what it said.

(The note):

Good morning beautiful! I hope you're up by the time I get back, we've got a big day ahead of us.  You're Mom is watching Noelle today there, so don't freak out when you see she's not at the house either. I love you.

- end note -

I smiled at the simple message on the paper in front of me and took it as the motivation I needed to get ready for the day. I ate some fruit I had cut up a few days ago and then went back to Drew and my room to get dressed.

I put on a pair of white Jeans and a tan color sweater with white shoes  I bought while pregnant. I couldn't wear it then because of my bump, but now it fits perfectly.

Her Outfit

Her Outfit

I made my way over to the front room when I heard the door open. Drew was putting down some stuff he had probably picked up from the store. Upon seeing me, a large smile graced his face and he walked over, pulling me into a loving kiss that I never wanted to end.

How crazy was it to think that I met this man who changed my life for the better in a coffee shop?

I would've started living in a damn coffee shop if I knew one day Drew would be there.

He makes me happier than I've been my entire life.

"Okay, so first of all... you look really cute today," He said, and I blushed. I nodded at his words, waiting for him to continue.

"Second of all, we're going somewhere really special today," He finished, and I smiled. "Mysterious. Are you going to tell me where?" I asked, but he stubbornly shook his head.

"What, and ruin the surprise? Not in a million years," He said, sarcasm lacing his voice.

I chuckled and followed him out the door as he swiftly pulled me along, our hands intertwined. We got in his car and drove off, my mind still trying to piece together where we could possibly be going.

We soon arrived at the amusement park I had grown to love so much. I smiled, a pink tint covering my face as I recognized the sentiment of the setting.

He led me to the Ferris wheel and we got on. It slowly moved and I took in the sights around us.

How were things so perfect right now? How could I possibly be any happier than I was at this very moment?

The only person who could answer that question was Drew, though, and he made that clear when I turned around to meet his eyes again.

A small box laid in his hands and I choked on the words I could not express.