Chapter 3: Two peas in a pod

22.02.2020

A/N: If you guys could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

P.S: Little life update, but I finally have a two-week vacation from school! These last few days have been HELL, and I'm glad that I'm finally able to get a break from life. I'll have more time to write too, so expect more updates!

I'll be posting early updates of "Who Let the Vamps out" on Patreon. The link is in my Wattpad bio xx

🍒🍒🍒

Noah went home and told his parents about the contract, and unfortunately for him, Geo was right, they were delighted by the news. They didn't believe him at first, but when they saw the paper Geo had given Noah, their jaws dropped to the ground and they started doing this weird, funky dance that Noah never wanted to see them do again. Ever.

"Mom, are you sure you want to send me to Bran Prep High?" Noah pressed, eager to change their minds.

"Of course, I am!" she exclaimed. "Do you know how many students want to go there? This should be a dream come true for you."

Noah didn't like the idea of going to a prestigious school for rich kids. He didn't value social standards or materialistic objects. In fact, he liked his hometown and the simple neighborhood he lived in, where he could be close to his friends and family. That was more than enough for him.

He also didn't want to be sent on some suicide mission to investigate notorious vampires.

"What about the strange animal attacks? It could be dangerous."

"No one's going to attack you, Noah," sighed his dad.

"What if they eat me instead?"

"No one's, going to eat you either."

'No, but they're going to suck every ounce of blood in of me,' he thought to himself.

"What about Micka?" he pressed. "I can't go to school without Micka."

"I'm sure you'll find another student with the same name," his dad joked. Noah tilted his head back and groaned.

"I need Micka," he said. "Micka needs me."

His parents shared a look and his mom raised a curious brow.

"Honey," she murmured, putting a gentle hand on her son's shoulder. "Are you perhaps-"

"W-What? No!" Noah blurted. "Micka and I are best friends, we're like brothers."

"You could still be-"

"Mom, this is about me not wanting to transfer," Noah mumbled, his face reddening. His eyes fell to the floor. "I won't fit in at Bran Pre High."

"Noah, you're a sweet boy, everyone will love you," his mom promised. "They'll be begging just for a bite of you."

She pinched Noah's cheek and he frowned, pulling away.

No matter how hard he tried to convince his parents, they had already made up their minds. Noah was going to Bran Prep High, and there was no getting out of it.

***

Noah was sent straight to the principal's office the next day. He sat in the same chair as yesterday, in front of Geo and Carl who were still wearing their sunglasses.

"What part of 'don't tell anyone' and 'top secret' did you not understand?" demanded Geo.

"Micka isn't just anyone," Noah said, straightening his shoulders. Micka, who sat beside him, grinned.