Chapter 18: He's mine

A/N: 30.03.20

Hey loves, we have an update!

Do you guys have any book recommendations/fav books? (Physical copy books & paperbacks that I can buy rather than ebooks/online ones). It can be any genre: romance, dystopian, thriller, historical, etc.

I'm looking for some new books to read 🥰 Thank youuu ~!

(And enjoy this angsty chapter)

🍒🍒🍒

Nyx pulled Noah from behind the boxes and his phone slipped out of his hands, clattering on the floor. The group of vampires stared at Noah, surprised and confused. Aleksei's eyes narrowed.

"I was really expecting something more," frowned Nyx, sniffing Noah who flinched. "He doesn't smell as sweet as I was told."

Nyx's grasp wasn't nearly as gentle as Aleksei's, and Noah felt like the bones in his arm were being crushed.

"Oh, my bad, am I hurting you?" Nyx pouted, but he didn't loosen his grip. "Humans, such delicate creatures."

He looked up towards Aleksei and smiled innocently. "Wouldn't you agree?"

"Let. Him. Go," he snarled through gritted teeth.

"Now why would I do that?" He grinned. He then turned his gaze towards Noah who squirmed in his grasp. "Oh, how rude of me! I haven't introduced myself, have I? I'm Nyx, Aleksei's cousin. And you must be Noah, I've heard so much about you."

Noah didn't answer.

"Quiet little one, aren't you? Anywho, how are things with Aleksei? I'm sorry that you have to deal with my cousin's terrible mood swings, it really mustn't be pleasant being around someone so broody," he sighed, shaking his head. "He's been on this absurd diet."

"That's his choice," Noah interjected. Nyx blinked at him before bursting into laughter.

"Brave one, aren't you? Aleksei always loved the feisty ones. You should have met his ex-"

"Nyx!" Aleksei boomed, his baritone voice rumbled the room like thunder. Everyone stood silent in fear, except for Nyx.

"My dear cousin, I've warned you so many times that humans are nothing but a weakness," Nyx implored. "I could crush the boy's arm like a twig."

Nyx then let out a loud gasp. "I have a brilliant idea! How about I let Noah go in return for something else?"

Aleksei didn't answer, his hands clenched so hard that his knuckles turned paler than his natural skin tone. Nyx wrapped an arm over Noah's chest and pulled down the collar of his shirt, revealing his skin and shoulder.

Nyx traced a hand over Noah's collarbone and Noah felt goosebumps crawl down his spine.

"He feels so warm," Nyx whispered, his lips inches away from Noah's earlobe. Noah tried hard not to cringe. "He'd make a delicious midnight snack."

Furious, Aleksei took a step forward but Nyx clicked his tongue.

"Another step and I'll snap his neck in half," he warned. "If you want me to let you go, then how about you drink an ounce of human blood? I have a pile right behind me."

Everyone turned towards Aleksei, wondering what he'd do: he turned his gaze towards Noah's mossy green eyes. Noah was scared and yet, his eyes softened ever so slightly when they looked into Aleksei's eyes.