Chapter 16: Distraction

A/N: 26.03.20

Since a lot of you are at home because of the COVID-19, I thought that I'd do  a Q/A on instagram either tonight or tomorrow, so don't miss out ;) I'd love to interact more with my Homies.

My instagram acc: @letsgohomehidee

P.s: We're going to need ship names for this book. And fast.

🍒🍒🍒

A few hours earlier...

Issa hummed a cheerful melody as he skipped down the hall, minding his own business. He headed towards his dorm room holding his baby in his arms, having promised Roman that he'd watch over it tonight since Roman would be busy. Issa wasn't allowed to know where he was going or what he was going to do but was promised that Roman would be back tomorrow morning.

Even though Issa didn't always show it, he was worried about him. He didn't like not knowing what was going on in the realm of vampires that Roman was involved in.

He looked down at their baby and smiled.

"Don't worry, Roman junior," he spoke softly to the baby. "Daddy will be back tomorrow. I'll take good care of you until he does."

"Issa?" called a voice. Issa looked up and froze in his steps, his eyes widening as he saw Noah, Micka and Astrid standing across the hall from him. They had a predatory look glistening in their eyes, and Issa gulped, slowly backing away.

"Grab him!" ordered Astrid.

"EEP!" screamed Issa, turning around and running down the corridors as fast as he could. But Micka used to be co-captain of the football team, and when he ran, he ran like the wind. Issa screamed at the top of his lungs as he heard Micka's loud footsteps quicken behind him.

"I'M INNOCENT, I SWEAR!" he shouted, almost tripping when he made a sharp turn around the corner. Micka quickened his pace and took a strong leap forward, tackling Issa onto the ground, and stealing his baby as if it were a football. He hugged it tightly against his chest and rolled on the ground so that the baby wouldn't get hurt.

Issa fell flat on his face.

Astrid who only just caught up, raised her brows, impressed by how quick and strong Micka was. She thought that Micka was nothing but a mixture of anger and stupidity, but it seemed as if he could be useful at times.

"My baby!" gasped Issa, realizing that Micka had Roman junior.

"We'll give you your baby back," promised Astrid in a calm voice. "But we need a favor to ask you first."

"You could have asked me a favor WITHOUT stealing my baby!" He shouted. "And was tackling me to the ground really necessary?"

"Necessary? No. Hilarious? Yes," smirked Micka. Noah shot him a glare and Micka mouthed a clueless: what?

"Roman and Aleksei are leaving somewhere tonight, and they're going to take their car. We need you to distract them after they unlock the car door so that we can sneak into the trunk."

"What they do is none of your business," Issa said firmly.

"They're going to kill Noé," argued Astrid.

"Unless he's already dead," reminded Micka.

"Kill? What are you guys talking about?"

"I don't know what kind of lies Roman has been telling you, but he's one of the vampires that kidnaps and kills our students."