Chapter 22: An equivalent exchange

A/N: 06.04.20

Chapter 25 will be up on Patreon in a few hours!

Do any of you have tattoos/thinking of getting one?

Updating early to celebrate 100k reads! Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote to support 🥺💞

🍒🍒🍒

Aleksei was left behind, kept under watch by the three wolves that circled around him and his car while Tig and Owen led Noah and Micka further into the woods.

"I don't get it, is Aleksei our enemy or our ally?" Micka whispered, unable to hold back his curiosity any longer.

"Neither." Noah mumbled. Micka rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah? Is that why he threatened to burn THE ENTIRE FOREST FOR YOU?"

"It's complicated."

"No shit." Micka growled. "Just so you know, I don't trust him."

"He's not a bad person, Micka."

"No, Noah, you're not a bad person. You're always finding the best out of the worst of people." Micka shot, shoving his hands deep into his pockets. "It's like you've got this weird magical power that makes others want to be good. For fuck's sake, you even saw potential in someone as hot-headed and bad mouthed as me and if that isn't a supernatural power, then I don't know what is."

Noah's eyes widened.

"Look, even if I don't trust him, I trust you. If he you think he's trustworthy, then I guess we're on the same boat," Micka said. He gave Noah a small nudge and offered a small smile. "So stop looking so miserable, you're making me depressed."

"We're here." Tig grunted. They looked up with furrowed brows, looking around them but seeing nothing but more trees and bushes.

"This is your den?" Micka asked bluntly. "Where's the alpha? All I see is-"

But before he could finish his sentence, two women came out from the bushes and pulled a sack over their heads, cuffing their hands behind their back and pushing them to the ground.

Noah and Micka shouted and squirmed, but Tig and Owen picked them up and threw them over their shoulders. They didn't want anyone to know where their den was located and continued walking on foot with Noah's and Micka's eyes blindfolded.

"Well, this is just great," Micka grumbled, feeling Tig's shoulder blade pierce into his stomach at each step.

They were carried to the den and once they arrived, they were both pushed onto the floor, falling onto their knees. Owen uncuffed them, removing the bags from their heads.

"Jeez, have you ever heard of the word 'gentle'?!" hissed Micka, his blond hair now a mess. Strands of hair were sticking out in all directions, looking like a bird's nest.

The two of them looked around, their lips parting in shock.

They were expecting the den to be in a dirty, dark cave, but instead, they were in a classy modern building that looked like it belonged to a rich CEO. It was polished to perfection, with large windows that gave you a perfect view of the forest below, rows of books stacked alphabetically on the shelves, a fancy black office table that was at least four meters long. And sitting behind the luxurious desk was a man who greeted them with a lopsided grin.