Chapter 25: Beauty and the Beast

A/N: 10.04.20

Here is another update!

Please don't forget to leave a voteee <3 it would really help the story!

P.S: I've been reading all of your comments, I feel as if we've lost so many Mistrid shippers ahaha. The number of "Dicko" and "Migo" comments I've seen rolling in caught me by surprise, whoops.

🍒🍒🍒

Two of the teachers were absent the next day so Noah didn't have class. Micka, Issa, and Roman headed to the library. Noah said that he needed to clean out his locker and said that he'd join them later for lunch.

Noah put his bag down and zipped it open, taking out the books stuffed in his locker. His lips were unconsciously pulled to a frown, his brows creasing slightly as he thought about Micka's ultimatum.

Should I ask Aleksei to the dance? What if he rejects me again? Wait, does he even like me? I've been open about my feelings since the beginning, but he doesn't seem to feel the same way about me. Maybe he's not good with words? Or maybe there's a different reason why he doesn't want to date me? Maybe he's straight?

Noah paused, finally coming to a realization. Wait, what about me? Does this mean that I'm-

"Thinking about me?" said a husky voice. Noah's eyes widened and he jumped up in surprise, accidentally hitting the lower part of his locker door before crouching back down in pain.

"Ouch," he whined, rubbing the top of his head. Aleksei stared at him with a nonchalant gaze. Noah slowly looked up, unintentionally pouting. He looked like a sulking puppy and Aleksei felt him slowly crumble. He looked to the side, leaning against the lockers with his arms crossed over his chest, waiting for himself to control his feelings before doing something he might regret.

"Are you okay?" he finally asked, glancing back towards Noah who quickly avoided his gaze.

"I'm fine," Noah grumbled coldly, closing the locker door before standing up. "I'm doing absolutely amazing."

A small smile etched on Aleksei's lips, almost looking apologetic. "Are you?"

"Fantastic."

Before Noah could leave, Aleksei took a step towards him and gently rubbed Noah's head. Noah stiffened when he felt Aleksei's cold hands run through his hair.

"Well, you don't have a bump," Aleksei murmured, letting his hand fall back to his side. Noah frowned.

He quickly lowered his head and attempted to slide past Aleksei, but Aleksei stopped him, grabbing Noah's arm and gently pulling him back before his eyes. Noah bit his lowered lip, confused.

"I've been thinking about you," Aleksei said, breaking the silence. "A lot," he added, almost as if he himself was in disbelief. "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Have you been thinking about me?" Aleksei asked with a smile so sweet, Noah was left speechless.

'Of course I've been thinking about you,' is what Noah wanted to say. Flustered, his words didn't come out the way he wanted.

"I need to go," he blurted, pulling the straps of his bag over his shoulders and clutching them tightly. "I have class."

"We don't have classes today," Aleksei reminded him. Noah paused.

Darn it.

"Hey," Aleksei murmured, reaching out to touch Noah's face, but Noah quickly retreated, staring at his feet with his lips pressed tightly together.