Chapter 8: Humans make us weak

A/N: 28.02.20

Finally got a new chapter on Wattpad! Oh, and Chapter 9 has been posted on Patreon~

Do you guys have a favorite quote/saying? I need inspiration.

And I know I'm always asking for names, but do you guys have any names that would suit a vampire (girl or boy)? You know, to avoid naming another character Acorn 🌰

🍒🍒🍒

Night had fallen and the moon was out. The velvet sky that held the stars cloaked over the steep mountains, allowing Aleksei and the rest of the vamps to feel less tired in their natural time of the day.

He left Bran Prep High and climbed into his car, placing a black bag in the passenger's seat before driving out of the school gates and into the dark forest.

Aleksei opened the windows, taking in a deep breath. It was only when the wind brushed over his smooth face and the smell of pine and grass filled his car that he started forgetting Noah's scent. The sinfully, divine scent.

When he drove over a wooden bridge to the other side of the mountain, he heard loud howling echo from afar. His grip tightened around the steering wheel in annoyance.

The wolves were hunting, and he was trespassing onto their territory.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, I'm going," he muttered under his breath, closing the windows and stepping on the pedal. After spiraling around the hill, he made it to a large mansion.

He put his finger against the small machine that scanned his thumb, and once it beeped green, the silver gates creaked open. The castle was gigantic, built in gothic style and looming proudly behind the secured gates. At its threshold stood a delicate marble fountain, gurgling water that resonated in the surrounding silence.

He parked his car and went up the stairs, stepping into the beautiful, yet haunting castle. Aleksei knew his way around it by heart and went directly to Nyx's office, opening the door without knocking.

There was a beautiful human girl lying half-naked on top of Nyx's large desk, giggling as Nyx kissed her chest. Aleksei knew that she was under his hypnotism, but simply cleared his voice.

"Oh my, Aleksei," gasped Nyx in his strong Brittish accent, pretending to be startled when really, he had already known that Aleksei had arrived when the silver gates creaked open. "You should really learn how to knock. How embarrassing!"

Nyx covered up the girl and called one of his servants to her a room. He tightened his gold robe and went over to his wine collection, pouring himself a drink.

"Care for a cup?" he offered. Instead of answering, Aleksei tossed a bag that fell at Nyx's feet. Nyx raised a brows. "And what might this be?"

"Your dinner. Enjoy."

Aleksei turned around to leave, but Nyx smiled.

"I only get a limb?" he pouted, running his hand through his raven black hair that fell back over his shoulders like silk. "I thought I asked for a body."

"And I thought I told you that I'm not going to kill."

Aleksei reached for the door but Nyx, who could move as quickly as light, was now standing in front of the door, leaning his back against it while sipping his wine. His coal, dark eyes rivaled with Aleksei's azure, blue ones.

"Oh, come on darling, you always leave so early," Nyx whined. "At least stay for a chat. Tell me, whose limb did you rip? I do hope it was one of your female teachers, I find some of their bodies irresistibly charming. So fresh and plump, oh and-"