Chapter six: concerned

The doors opened and he climbed out of bed. He wished he'd gone back to sleep because his tired eyes and clouded brain made it hard to think.

"Morning," Blaine said as he joined him outside the cell. He nodded not having the energy to answer and waited for the usually guard to reach their part of the line before the line moved making their way down to breakfast.

"I'm sorry again, for waking you up," He whispered as they entered the cafeteria.

"Don't worry about it Kurt, I just didn't want you to either hurt yourself or wake everybody else up," Blaine said keeping his head straight forward like he wasn't even talking to him.

It was like he didn't want to talk to him.

He sighed and grabbed the same breakfast that they had every morning before taking a seat at the nearest free table. Surprisingly Blaine followed him again and sat down.

They ate in silence but he didn't expect anything else, before Blaine got up and left going to the mysterious place that he wasn't allowed to know. While he headed to the gym. His arms still ached from the day before so he decided to jump on the running machine.

"Have you changed your mind yet?" He heard beside him when he was about five minutes into his run. He turned as saw that Sebastian had climbed onto the next running machine.

"Nope, sorry," he said before facing forward again trying to block him out.

"Aw, well hurry because I really want this to happen before I leave," Sebastian whined and he laughed turning to look at him again.

"I'm sorry Sebastian, you're just going to have to find someone else because I'm not interested," he said staring to get a little annoyed with his antics.

"I have loads of friends I can do it with if I want to so you should be grateful that I'm even asking you twice," Sebastian said and when he looked to him again he had stopped his machine and stormed off.

He frowned. What the hell was his problem? 'Well, I guess we all have problems,' he thought to himself stopping his own machine before walking into the shower. He hadn't got as good of a work out today but it would do.

He loved the feeling of a shower after exercising, it always felt more refreshing. He stayed in their a little longer than yesterday and only stepped out when the siren rang out. He hurried to dry and get dressed before practically running to the cell.

He saw Blaine on the way and ran towards him knowing that as soon as he walked into the cell the door would close. He caught up to him just in time and the door shut with seconds to spare.

"Whoa, where were you?" Blaine said a slight smile on his face.

"I was in the shower, I lost track of time," he replied and he walked further into the cell and sat on the bed. Blaine followed and sat on his bed with him.

"It's cool if I sit down here right?" Blaine asked him and he nodded. "It won't be long until the doors open again, its Saturday so they just want to check everyone's here before they let us out again," Blaine explained and he nodded.

"Is it the same every Saturday?" He asked and Blaine nodded.

"Has Karofsky given you anymore trouble?" Blaine asked and he shook his head fiddling with his hands in his lap.

"Not since he hit me," he replied and Blaine nodded staring at the wall on the other side of the cell. This felt a little awkward.

"Has anyone else given you trouble?" Blaine asked and he frowned looking to Blaine.

"Why do you care?" He asked. Up until now Blaine hadn't really cared and now he's asking all of these questions, what's changed?

"I'll take that as a yes then," Blaine said and he sighed. He thought about the man that had pushed him against the wall near the cafeteria and Sebastian who kept take advances towards him.

"No, I'm fine," he said crossing his arms. "Everyone just assumes I'm weak".

Blaine laughed. "I didn't, I know you can look after yourself and going to the gym proves that but it's ok to need help sometimes," Blaine said and he almost scoffed.

"Well if you haven't noticed already no one is lining up to help me, and right now I don't need it," he said as the doors opened again. "Also, don't the guards get bored of coming to check if we're all here because I'm beginning to get bored of being checked up on," he ranted taking a big breath in looking to Blaine who was smiling at him.

"It's called being in jail," Blaine stated and he frowned giving Blaine a small shove in the arm before climbing off the bed and out into the hall to get checked on once again.

….

He had gotten bored of the gym and showered early before going for a walk. He wasn't sure where he was going but it didn't really matter, the places where he wasn't allowed to go we're either labelled or separated by locked doors.

So far he had managed to find a small library which he was rather happy about and another bigger shower room with enough space for about fifty prisoners.

As he walked down yet another corridor that had come to a dead end he thought he might go back to the cell and rest. He was still exhausted from not being able to sleep and he might as well try and take a nap.

He reached the end of the corridor and turned into another when he felt a presence behind him, he felt his heart rate accelerate and he turned fast with his fist clenched ready to punch anyone who was there.

Blaine lunged backwards avoiding the fist that came flying at him before holding his hands up.

"Whoa Kurt!" Blaine screamed and his hand flew to his mouth with shock.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was you!" He said and Blaine laughed his hands on his knees and he took breaths to calm himself.

"I wasn't expecting that, that was good. You might actually be able to survive this hell hole," Blaine said and he smiled running his hand through his hair.

"Thanks, I guess," he replied before turning and continuing down the corridor.

"Are you heading back to the cell?" Blaine asked following behind him and he nodded not bothering to turn and looking at him. Blaine never did when he was talking to him. "Are you ok?" Blaine continued and he raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you keep asking me that? I'm fine, just tired," he said and Blaine nodded.

"I'm just making sure, I can stop if you want me to but no one else is going to ask you," Blaine replied and he laughed.

He smirked. "I didn't say I didn't like it, just wondered because of the whole 'were not friends thing" he said and Blaine shrugged.

"I don't see it as a friend thing, more of a friendly thing," Blaine said and he nodded.

"Right, because that's not the same thing," he said with a smile and Blaine looked to the floor.

"Nope," Blaine said before stopping. "I'm going this way so I'll see you back at the cell later," Blaine continued before walking off so he couldn't reply.

Shrugging it off he made his way back to the cell hoping that he could finally get the few hours of sleep that he was hoping for