Epilogue: help and freedom

Hey guys, this is the last chapter. Hope you enjoy it.

all of this is in kurts POV.

They set off swimming as fast as they could pushing through with their already aching limbs. It only took about twenty minutes of solid swimming before he knew if he kept going, he would most likely drown. He was unsure of the depth of the water, but he knew that he couldn't touch the ground which made him nervous.

To the left of them on top of the bank was the road that lead to the prison, luckily the bank rose up onto a hill so no one would see them unless they came to the edge of it and looked down. To the right of them trees for a far as he could see, their leaves dark and ripe due to it being the middle of summer.

He noticed that the river was starting to grow outwards and the current had started to grow slower. Blaine was swimming a few feet in front of him, both of them at the edge of the river on the forest side just in case they had to make a break for it.

"Blaine," he called out coming to a stop and grabbing onto one of the vines that ran from the top of the bank, down into the river. Blaine paused and turned to him his eyes a little wide with panic, he gave a small smile before swimming towards him.

"Are you ok?" He huffed as though he had run a hundred miles. Blaine placed a hand on top of his and laced their fingers together. The gesture sent a warming spark through his body.

He shook his head, drops of water flying from the tips of his hair and eyelashes as he did so. Blaine frowned and moved closer, his hand rising to stroke his cheek softly. "I don't know how much further my arms will take me," he admitted feeling a little useless. He bowed his head but as soon as his eyes met the water there was a hand on his chin raising his head back up. He stared into Blaine's eyes, it was hard to tell what emotion Blaine was feeling. It was like trying to guess the ending of a book that you had never read.

"You carried me all the way through the sewers of the prison Kurt. I'm not going to judge you for being tired," Blaine said and he gave him a small smile of thanks. Blaine turned so his back was to him before looking over his shoulder. "Get on my back," Blaine said and his eyes widened before he shook his head once again.

"No, I'm too heavy," he replied and Blaine looked back at him the look of annoyance in his features.

"No, you're not. We don't have time for this, you carried me and now I'm going to carry you," Blaine said moving backwards slightly towards him. He sighed and moved forwards wrapping his arms around Blaine's neck. When Blaine set off a slight gasp of surprise came from his lips, for a second he thought that Blaine was just going to sink beneath his weight, but thankfully he kept a float and managed to continue their way down the river.

It was just about twenty five minutes after that when the sound of vehicles coming from the road filled their ears. Blaine paused and they moved slowly to the side so that they were against the bank. "Keep low," Blaine said sinking further into the water. He followed allowing the water to reach just below his nose before he stopped. The waited as car after car went by, glad that they could only just see the tops of them, which meant that it was highly unlikely that they were going to see them.

Once the last car went past they waited a few more minutes before they looked at each other. "This going to be the hardest part," Blaine said wiping water away from his face with the back of his hand. "They're spreading out so they can search for us, there will be people swarming this place on foot soon. We should go up and into the forest to carry on, it will give us more cover and give us a chance to get away from the river and the road leading to the prison," Blaine finished and turned to look up at the bank that they would need to climb to get into the forest.

Caught in the cellsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें