-11-

Not edited.

"Anna my love. Come here." Damon moved back from the table and patted his leg.

"Yes Damon." She sat down stiffly and uptight.

"Oh my love, no need to be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanted to spend some time with you in my arms ok?" He rubbed her across her back.

"Ok Damon."

"Oh my obedient girl. I'm so proud of how you are." he smiled wickedly at her "I can't wait to tame you in bed my Anna."

She smiled weakly as her body filled with dread. She knew how his touch affected her and she wasn't sure if she would ever be able to control those needs and desires. He knew exactly what he did to her... of that, she was sure.

His hand continued to rub gently with a sweeping motion across her back and slowly she felt herself relaxing. She was almost... almost subdued into believing this was real.

His other hand started to slowly trace the contours of her hands while gently separating them from the clenched fist that she held them in. Fingers stretched out his own traced them all until he came to the ring finger of her left hand. The finger that would hold the ring that would bind her to him forever.

"Where's your engagement ring?" his tone menacing as she stiffened.

'I took it off to have a shower before dinner and forgot to put it back on when you..."

"I don't want your fucking excuses Anna. Your ring should be the first thing you put on after showering! Maybe you should go without clothes until you remember what's more important!"

She shrank back from him as his hand held her by the back of her neck forcing her to look at him. "I'm sorry Damon. So sorry. Please... I'll go and put it on now..."

"Yes Anna. You will. I want to see that ring on your finger... NOW!"

He released her and she ran. Ran as fast as she could up the stairs to her room slamming the door open. Her footsteps quickly made it to the bathroom where the ring lay on the soft pink hand towel sitting on the side of the vanity. Not waiting she raced back out the door putting the ring on as she went. She made it back to him and held out her hand to prove that it was now on.

She waited, hand outstretched. With slow but fluid movements he stood and took thw three steps needed to stand before her. He looked down at her hand and smiled as the simple solitairy diamond that she chose shone with the reflections of the light above them. He took her hand and drew her to him and kissed her forehead.

"Good girl my love. Go to bed now. Sleep well my Anna."

She stood stunned as she watched while he walked away humming 'Here comes the bride.'