-48-

Not edited.

Damon stood at the doorway of the lounge room and smiled. After Red had dragged Anna off they'd come up with a plan and with all of them moving their arses they had it done it less than half an hour. The longeroom moved around and was now a makeshift chapel.

Small tables were staggered to the front with overflowing pots of flowering plants that led to the table the celebrant was setting up after being let inside by Red and Ben's father while they were in the office.

He was pushed aside by Lucas and Maxon as they carried a long piece of carpet they'd stolen from a dark hallway. When it was in place the room was done. He may not be able to give Anna the wedding of her dreams but hopefully this would make her happy enough. They may not have met in the most conventional way but she became his world the moment she dared to scream at her father "He's old!"

"Five minutes Damon."

He smiled as he pulled himself out of his thoughts and focused on what Lucas said.

"It's not too late to run." Maxon spoke jokingly while at the same time he was thankful it wasn't him.

"None of you are going anywhere."

Veronica walked through the door.

"Is she ok?" Damon asked.

She smiled widely at him "better than ok thanks to her father."

He raised an eyebrow which resulted in her shaking her head. He moved to the front of the room and stood waiting. Maxon joined him being his best man.

"Shit!" Ben exclaimed "We forgot music!"

He pulled out his phone and quickly did a search. Finally satisfied he went to wait at the door until he saw his sister. He smiled widely, proud of how beautiful she looked.

"Ready?"

She nodded in response and he quickly pressed play. I knew I Loved You by Savage Garden filtered into the room. It was a song that Anna once said was a favourite.

Damon stood waiting. The music choice Ben chose playing as he stepped back to let his sister into the room. She was a pretty girl and the dress she chose was perfect for her but he wished she'd hurry up so he could see his girl. He watched Ben's face as his eyes widened and saw him swallow hard.

The next thing he knew the second door was being opened and there she was. She walked with her father by her side and her arm wrapped in his.

She was stunning. More than stunning she was perfection. He heard a soft voice nearby whisper "her mothers dress" and knew that this moment was by far even more special than he ever imagined.

Smiles and tears littered the room as she went closer to Damon, hoping she'd made him proud.

Her dress, her mothers dress, made her feel like a princess. With it's satin and lace beaded bodice in a sweetheart neckline to its lace covered satin skirt that trailed behind her she felt on top of the world and wore it proudly. Her hair swept up at the sides with satin covered combs framed the now accented features of her face.

She looked at Damon who was now wearing dark dress pants with a pristine white shirt and black tie. He looked really handsome and finally their eyes met.

The closer she got the more he wanted to race to her side and drag her along faster. He forced himself to wait. It was the most difficult thing he'd ever had to do.

As her father placed her hand in his he heard the words "take care of my little girl". He nodded without taking his eyes from Anna and without a thought he bent down and pressed his lips to her cheek and whispered "You're beautiful Beany."