-30-

Not edited.

"Red... slow down!" Maxon was agitated at the thought of Red going into what could only be called 'enemy territory'. He tried to keep up with her as she ran with his brothers right behind. They followed her blindly as she ran. Although they knew she was headed to the gazebo the main concern was what if she did something that ended up with her being hurt... or worse.

Lucas called out to some of the men who were patrolling and searching the area. By the time Red stopped at the gazebo she had seven men following her. Each one wanting to know what the hell the young girl was thinking.

Maxon marched up to her and took her by the shoulders "Don't you ever fucking run off like that again!"He shook her "Do you hear me Red? NEVER?" He engulfed her in his arms crushing her to his chest. She pushed away from him and looked up at him.

"You're cute when your mad."

The men around them laughed as Maxon looked at her in disbelief.

"What?"

Red rolled her eyes and pushed away from him completely looking around to the men. She pointed at one of them "You... I need your torch (aka flashlight for American readers)"

She laid the paper out on the table in the middle of the gazebo. All the men came to look at what she was looking at. It was plans. Different to the ones that Damon had laid out on the desk in the office but ones that covered the same area.

Lucas looked over her shoulder "Holy shit. This place is covered with underground tunnels!"

Red nodded while she kept concentrating on what she was looking for. There! In the gazebo, underneath their feet.

She immediately dropped down telling the men to all step back as she swung the torch around the floor looking for something. She brushed dirt from off the stones until she lifted up a particular stone and dropped the torch. She started to pull on a well hidden handle to a trap door.

By this time all the men realised what was going on. Maxon grabbed Red and pulled her away. There was no way he was going to risk her opening the hidden door especially if Frazer was underneath.

She struggled intensely. "Let me go! Fucking get off me!"

"No."

"Fuck you!"

Maxon looked down at her and smiled "Later."

Her mouth dropped open and her eyes widened.

The sound of scraping had them both looking back down to the ground. The door had opened easily.

Damon moved to the opening ready to go down the steps they could see when Lucas grabbed his shoulder.

"Let my men go. He won't stand a chance."

"Fuck..."

"There's more than one door."

All eyes swung to Red as she moved from Damon back to the table.

"Why the fuck is there tunnels under this place?"

"You're on the coast Damon. At one point this area was a probable destination for invasion during the war. This house was probably some rich guys place."

"How the fuck do you know this?"

"I'm a history buff Damon."

Maxon looked at her in admiration. Red just got a whole lot more interesting.