-54-

Not edited.

Lucas' men were scattered around the entire property. Each one could see at least another three as they were straregically placed for maximum effect but to the unsuspecting eye they weren't even there. They were an army out to catch a monster. Each of the men volunteered for the job after word passed around that it was one of the family they were protecting. Many had arrived overnight from various parts of the country where they held positions in Lucas' organisation.

The trap was set and now all they needed was one inquisitive little rabbit trying to find a safe way to grab the tantalising carrot. Tunnel openings were guarded by two men at each side with more just meters away. The entrances to the house were guarded by the highest ranking of Lucas' men and many lined the walls inside.

Anna considered it all to be going overboard. So many men to catch one? No one had expected such a massive response when Lucas put the call out for help. His reply to her when she mentioned it was a simple 'We take care of our own.'

"Anna come on. You need to dress. Let's go get ready."

She groaned "Do I have to?"

"Yes! Come on!"

Damon laughed at his wife as she dragged herself up from the table.

"Don't laugh or I'll tell her your face is shiny and needs powder!"

Damon looked horrified while his brothers laughed. She swung around to them and with a cheeky glint in her eyes she said

"You're supposed to be in the photos... can't have either of you with shiny noses!"

Maxon raised his hands in surrender while Lucas playfully pretended to zip up his mouth.

"That's what I thought."

She bent down and quickly kissed Damon on the cheek and left the room leaving him staring after her.

"She... she just kissed me."

"Well you know brother that happens when you get married."

"You two are always kissing" Maxon scoffed.

"No, you don't understand.. she kissed me."

"Yeh... and?"

"Max that's the first time she kissed me first. It's always been me kissing her."

"Wow. Really?"

Damon nodded.

"She actually seems different today. Like... happier?"

"Probably because the sick fuck's going to be caught."Lucas offered as an explanation.

"I don't think so guys. I think it's because I accepted her scars."

"Scars? What fucking scars?" Lucas asked angrily.

Damon shook his head sadly "he destroyed most of her body. I only saw them because I walked into the bathroom looking for her."

"Fuck man... seriously?"

"Red told me a little when we... she... was watching the teletubbies. She mentioned the scars were really bad. Said Anna didn't believe anyone could love her like that."

Maxon and Lucas both looked at him and he smiled "I love her."

"Have you told her?" Maxon asked.

"Well no, not in so many words."

"So you haven't said... Anna I love you?"

"No?" he looked sheepish.

"Fuck Dam why not? Geez man it's obvious how much she cares about you.."

"You think so?" Damon looked at Maxon hopefully.

"Hell yes Damon. The way she looks at you. God it's gross watching how she looks at you sometimes... my own brother.. ugh!" Lucas's face scrunched up in unhidden disgust while Maxon chuckled and Damon smiled like he'd just won the lottery.

"I never noticed! I didn't want to rush her into anything... "

"Dam if she looks at you any more I'll be throwing a bucket of ice water over her to douse the fire!!

"Please... no talk of cold water!"

"Shit... you're having cold showers?" Maxon looked at him in shock.

"Yeh... " he sighed out.

"You're a fucking idiot. She wants you man!"

"Excuse me guys... can we please not talk so loud about my daughter.."

"Or my sister. That's just sick!"

Ben and Michael both entered the room looking extremely white in the face.

"Can't help it if I have a hot wife!"

"Don't... I honestly don't want ro hear it" Ben cringed.

"We came to give you some news" Michael threw in to change the subject causing all three men to immediately become solemn and alert.

"What?" Damon demanded.

"Show time" Ben said with a grin.

"What do you mean?" Maxon asked.

"Gregory just entered the property via the tunnel near the gate."