-61- pt2

Not edited.

God he felt nervous. Who would have thought that someone with his personality and demeaner would have sweaty palms at something as simple as this. He felt like a... teenager! He chuckled inwardly at the thought.

"Where are we going?" her voice drifted into the silence of the car.

"Our appointment time got changed so I decided to meet up with this guy before that so we had the evening free."

Anna simply nodded in response. His sideways glance caught it as she turned to watch the traffic around them. Traffic that became somewhat subdued as they got closer to their destination. Eventually they turned into a street and Anna squealed as she saw the ocean between the trees.

"Damon, when we look for a house can we look for one near the beach?"

"Where ever you want Beany." He smirked to himself as he considered that he already had and bought it thinking of her.

Finally they drove through gates that were at least six foot high and the entry to a garden that was kept immacuately. The driveway although not that long was bordered by trees that hid the house so that leaving them gave full impact as the house emerged.

"WOW!"

Anna's eyes were bulging as Damon pulled up outside the front door. Smiling he got out and met her as he stepped out of the car with awe in her eyes. He knew he'd done the right thing.

"This place is amazing!" Anna exclaimed.

He held his hand out with a smile "Come."

Together they walked up the six steps that led to a double front entry.

"We have to wait here."

Anna wasn't really listening as she replied with a simple "OK". She turned to look around and found herself falling in love with the simple but elegant set up of the garden and house.

"He's late" Damon grumbled as he looked at his watch... five forty-five. Not good enough.

Suddenly they heard running footsteps as they came around the side of the house.

"Mr Price..."

Who the hell was that? Damon looked at the younger man he wasn't expecting to see. He expected a balding man in his fifties not this guy who wouldn't be a day over twenty five.

As the man came closer Damon pulled Anna's hand to bring her closer to his side as the mans eyes ran an appreciative look over his wife.

"Mr Bennet apologises sir. He had a family emergency at the last minute but he let me know exactly what you wanted and I can assure you that everything's done just as you instructed. I'm Kaiden Phillips."

The younger man took a breath and waited.

Damon begrudgingly let the timing slide but couldn't, wouldn't let thw man get away with the way he looked at Anna.

"My wife" he emphasised while putting his arm around Anna's waist "and I appreciate what you've done but I'm sure you have somewhere else you need to go sobwe won't keep you."

Kaiden read the warning Damon was giving him loud and clear. He reached out his hand and handed something to Damon who immediately thanked him and said goodbye.

Anna watched the young man with interest as he obviously felt inferior to Damon and left with a quick goodbye to them both.

Damon couldn't help himself. He grabbed Anna in a bone crushing hug and kiss her mouth possessively.