-32-

Not edited.

"Fuck. Is there anything this guy won't do?" Maxon shoved his hands though his hair as he looked at Red feeling fear he never knew existed.

"No fucking way" Ben snarled "he's tortured one sister he's not getting the other!"

"Why? Why is he back now? Why does he want to kill me?" Red allowed herself to be pulled into her

brothers arms.

Damon sighed "He was probably jealous of how close you were to Anna when he made the threat."

"So I'm safe now?"

"If anything he probably hates you more now than then."

"WHY?"

"You're the reason why he lost Anna. You're the only one who was smart enough to figure out what he was doing."

She shook her head "so why now?"

"We talked about this earlier." The two older men looked at each other and Maxon nodded to Damon. They needed to know the reason that they believed that he was back.

Damon cleared his throat as he held Anna closer "Anna is almost eighteen. An adult. Once she's eighteen no one can take her away from him if he gets into her head again. He'll simply say she wants to be with him and she'll agree"

Anna stiffened. Knowing the words and hearing them spoken was unbearable. She knew that Damon was right but for him to speak it out loud gripped her from within. Damon felt the change and slowly rubbed across her back. Without the words he was conforting her and she started to relax slightly.

"Oh my God! I never thought I'd ever wish never to be eighteen! Anna we're staying seventeen forever!"

"No one will get either of you. This house is surrounded by Lucas' men and all other security measures are in place. Now that we know how he gets into this place there'll be a guard placed at every hidden doorway. The moment he tries..."

"Anna" Ben called her "you have to tell us where so we have more control over what's happening."

She shook her head. One part of her knew that what Ben was saying made sense while another was scared of him hurting Red.

Damon lifted her face with his hand "Love I promise you that nothing will happen to Red. Just like you she has all of us looking out for her. Tell us baby... please... " his voice lowered to where only she could hear him as he spoke softly into her ear "I can't lose you baby. I just found you. Please..." He placed a kiss on her ear making her shiver and him smiling to himself... she wasn't oblivious to him after all. He had a chance he didn't think he had.

He thought of how their relationship came to be and on the one hand he wanted to kill Michael while on the other... on the other he wanted to thank him. He'd asked him to accept a precious gift and while at first he was reluctant he soon knew when they met that she was the one for him. Now this precious gift needed his protection and she would get it.

He swallowed hard and decided that he needed to do something drastic to get the answer to Ben's question. They needed that answer now. He stood up with Anna in his arms.

"Excuse us. We'll be back."

The others looked at Damon's face and knew there was no point arguing. He had a plan and none of them were getting in the way.

He walked up the stairs to their room. He held her close as his heart was thumping. Once in the room he paused for a moment as he pondered his decision but knew what was needed.

He threw her on the bed and as her eye watched him he started to take off his clothes.

"Strip."

She shook her head "please no."

He walked to the bed and pulled her to him.

"Love I expect you to do as I say. No questions asked. I own you Anna. Me. Not Ben, not Gregory... Me. You're mine. Do you understand?"

Tears slid down her face "Damon... please..."

"Anna I'm waiting.. do you understand?"

She nodded slightly.

"Say the words Anna so I know if you really do."

"I understand."

"Who do you belong to?"

She whispered "You."

"That's right Anna. I own you. That means that Gregory Frazers words, actions and threats mean absolutely nothing to you. Do you understand?"

"Yes" her reply meek, mild... almost submissive.

"Ben asked you a question and you refused to answer it. I assured you that Gregory wouldn't hurt either of you... I own you, it's my job to protect you...do you doubt me Anna?

His eyes narrowed as they stared into hers. He felt his true dominant urges pulse through him as he craved this woman but fought them back harshly.

"Do you doubt me Anna?"

"No."

He inwardly sighed a massive sigh of relief.

"So answer the question. Prove yourself to me Anna, " he paused with piercing eyes "prove that you trust me to protect you and Red."

Her eyes dropped to the floor.

"Look at me Anna. Prove that you trust me.  Tell me where he's waiting."

He waited in hope. If he believed that it would work he'd pray. He could see Anna gulping repeatedly. She was breaking and if he pushed harder then he knew she'd break in an instant. He waited.

"He's waiting..."

There was a bang on the door as Maxon yelled "He's been sighted!"