-22-

Not edited.

"So, fill me in. Who the fuck is this guy?"

"His name is Gregory Frazer. He's been fixated on Anna since she was thirteen and kidnapped her when she was fifteen, just before she turned sixteen."

"And why are we only hearing about this now?"

"Because her father is a fucking idiot."

"We've always known that Maxon, what I want to know is why the idiot didn't call Damon before this? He may not be blood but he's family... and now his daughter will be legally. We take care of our own, doesn't he know that?"

Damon smiled widely "You aren't saying anything that we haven't said before Luc."

"The man's an idiot." Lucas shook his head.

"Yeh, said that and a whole lot more." Maxon grinned.

"So where exactly do things stand?"

"Just waiting for the guys to finish up in Michaels room and then they're done. Then in" Damon looked at his watch " an hour, shit that time flew, in an hour Anna's best friend and her brother will be here and they'll tell us everything they know."

Maxon looked at his brother thoughtfully "Are you going to be able to hear it?"

With a grim look on his face Damon stood up and went to look out the window. "I have no choice. He messed with my Anna and I need to know how far he went. Seeing her... seeing her tied and gagged because of a phone message makes me want blood. That sick fuck needs to die."

"That's where I come in Damon." Lucas stood and went to stand next to his brother. "You can bash the crap out of him all you like but you won't kill him. Anna needs you here and if something goes wrong then you won't be any use to her locked away. This is my area of expertise Damon. I'll make sure it's done."

"Easier said than done Lucas"

"I know Damon. I've been where you are right now and it fucking sucks. Let me do this for you and Anna. She's the main reason for all of this and she's going to need you more than ever when it's over."

"When did you get so wise little twirp?" Maxon asked with a grin.

Lucas rolled his eyes "When I realised I had two older brothers who were idiots... you could say I learnt very early on."

"Oh cheeky in your old age! I can still take you on."

"In your dreams old man."

The three bantered with one another as brothers do and slowly released the tension they were all feeling.

"Hey Dam... have you talked with Gray?"

"Yeh, a few times in this past week. He won't be coming."

"Because of Mum?" Lucas asked.

"Yeh twirp. He still won't be in the same room as her."

"Man, I wish we could do something."

"It's between them though Max..."

"It may be too late soon." Lucas said with a gulp.

"What do you mean Lucas?"

"I think that mum might be in the early stages of dementia."

"Shit, really? She always seemed so 'with it' it's hard to imagine."

"Wow. Are you sure?"

Both his brothers were in shock at the revelation. It's not something any of them ever considered before. yes their mother was aging but dementia? That happens to other people... except that it doesn't.

"She hasn't been herself for a while now. She's started forgetting the small things and gets lost easily and I have to wonder how long before she forgets the rest."

"Shit man, when this is done here I'll come and give you a hand for a while. School's out for another five weeks so I'm yours for that before I have to start my new job."

"You never mentioned a new job before Max. Where to this time?"

"Well Dam, looks like you'll be seeing a lot of me in the upcoming year because this is where I'll be teaching."

"What classes?" Lucas asked.

"Seniors of course. Can't stand those snotty nosed brats."

Lucas laughed "those snotty nosed brats help pay peoples wages."

"Not mine! Not since my fourth year of teaching. I became a professor for a reason."

"You'll be teaching Anna!" Damon's face lit up.

"No, I'm not scaring off the boys for you."

"Oh come on..."

"Well, maybe a few."

Again, they laughed. Getting together didn't happen very often but when they did it was as if they'd never been apart.

They stayed in the office talking until they heard a knock. It was Steve, the head of security.

"Sorry to disturb you guys... hey Lucas, long time no see."

"You too Steve. How's the family?"

"Growing up and making me feel old." He grimaced.

"OK.. catch up later," Damon was on edge "tell us what you've got."

"Fuck man. That guy is a fucking nutter. In total we found eighty three cameras and twenty two audio devices. I've seen some places man but fuck this was bad. He even had fucking cameras in the toilets."

"What do you mean... in the toilets?"

"Man, she had no privacy at all... anywhere."

"Holy fucking mother of God..." the voice came from behind them.

"Red I presume?"

She looked at Steve "Are you fucking saying that the perverted piece of trash even watched her going to the toilet?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

She put her hands to her temples and rubbed "I fucking knew he was sick but... that... that's just fucking wrong." She looked at Damon "Where's Anna?"

"In our room."

Red raised an eyebrow "where?"

"Our room. The guest room. I moved her out of her room last night so she'd be safe.."

"That better be all mister!' She was gone and from what they could see she was dragging a guy a little older than her with her, Damon presumed it was Ben when Red yelled at him "Fucking hurry up Ben, We need to see Anna now!"

"Keep your shirt on bitch. She isn't going anywhere."

Damon and Lucas looked at each other in disbelief while Maxon sat with a huge smile on his face.

"I like her."