-43-

Not edited.

They'd been driving for what seemed like hours before Anna caught sight of the ocean off in the distance. Damon had quickly adjusted direction and they soon found themselves standing at the beach entrance. Anna moved quickly, the need she had to be near the waves driving her. She ran as Damon followed at a more leisurely pace.

He wanted to hold her close. He felt a similar driving force to protect her within him as the force that made her run. But it was her face that held him back. She needed some moments alone and for her he would swallow his own desire.

Time stood still as he sat watching her. Her hair whispered against the breeze as she stood with waves lapping at her feet. This was what she needed. He gulped at the thought that she didn't need him. He tried to push the idea from his mind but found it slapped back harder than he pushed and he couldn't stop the images racing through his mind as he wondered whether she would ever truly be his.

She shivered as the icy water raced over her feet before it left again. Her shoes were somewhere behind her, thrown off in her desperate run to the water. The pulling of the water as it receeded attracted her to the point of her thinking how easy it would be. How easy it would be to follow that pull and let the waves take her out to a place filled with clouds and serenity. The ocean filled with dangers that scared many of mankind but gave her a sense of peace. Waves that crashed in a roar against rocks echoed an anger she couldn't express mocked her constantly while offering hope that she too would find a voice in their screams.

She was lost; lost in the beauty of the water spread out over the horizon. She felt peace while unaware that the time started ticking again and the water now pulled harder until she slipped and fell in.

Laugher from up on the beach had her narrowing her eyes at Damon who saw everything. She stood up and looked down at herself and started to laugh. She felt like an idiot but was thankful for her choice of clothing as it stuck to her skin. Long denim shorts with a black embroided shirt ensured that she still had her pride amd didn't have to panic about them being see through. His laughter mocked her and she slowly made her way out of the water and strolled towards him. Her clothing dripped with each step she took and an evil plan entered her mind.

God she was beautiful. Her laugh captured his heart on levels he never knew existed. Watching as she walked closer he swallowed the laugh he so desperately wanted to laugh. He saw the look on her face; was she angry that he'd laughed?

"Beany..."

"Yes Damon?"

She was just steps away.

"Everything ok?"

"Couldn't be better."

She sat in his lap and pulled him in for a hug.

"Oh shit.. that's fucking cold!"

She started to laugh with him joining in after the initial shock.

"You'll pay for that Beany."

"Pffft...as if... what will you do?"

He... he had to. This Anna was carefree and amazing. This Anna was the young lady she should always be.

"This." His mouth met hers in a staggering kiss that left them both breathless. His pride knew that it was him that taught her how to kiss. Each of their kisses had slowly brought out Anna's true self amd from their first kiss to this one she'd grown so much within herself.

If only they'd met in another place and time. Her age compared to his would always play on the back of his mind, what did she really think of it? The doubts he felt about himself had him so mixed up that he couldn't help but wonder if she was truly his.

"Marry me Beany."