-41-

Not edited.

Anna followed Damon  with her hand in his as they both walked into the lounge room behind Maxon.The look on Maxons face was one of pure unadulterated anger. Instantly both she and Damon reacted and both tensed with fearful expectation.

There was silence in the room and she looked from one person to another until her eyes landed on Ben and she realised that he was sporting a bloody hand.

"Ben?"

He shook his head and moved to stand near the window. Red started to sob quietly and Maxon moved to hold her in his lap.

Lucas was sitting at the coffee table with one of his men looking at a laptop. His face showed the murderous feelings built up inside him. The laptop looked old, definitely dirty and she could see slight rusting on the metal embellishments. It was like it had been buried.

"My men found this in the shed. They ripped apart the whole thing and came up with this and rolls of film. This was hidden at the back of shelving wrapped up in a girls purple shirt. The name on the shirt was yours Anna." He paused to look at Damon "You aren't going to like the rest of this."

He grabbed Anna and held her close. They stood with her back againsr his chest and his arms wrapped around her. Her hands gripped his arms tightly. Damon nodded to Lucas once in a gesture that said 'carry on'.

"Fucking arsehole" Red whispered.

Lucas spoke again "It took some fiddling but Shane here is computer whizz and got this thing up and running again in no time." Once again he paused as if he knew what he'd be saying next and it hurt him to do it.

"There's alot of pictures on here like the ones we found but there's also emails stored to files. We haven't been through them all yet but there's two that jumped out at us." Again he stopped but this time he grabbed the glass of amber liquid in front of him and downed it in one swallow before he continued.

The first file is full of correspondance arranging get togethers with filthy fucked up perverts to swap pictures and in some cases " he gulped "in some cases even... fuck... even teenage girls were swapped or lent out. It's a whole pereverted fucked up group of shitty arsed pedophiles."

Anna lost the use of her legs and the buckled underneath her. Damon held her tightly as Lucas and Shane moved an armchair to them so they could sit down.

He pulled her close and whispered in her ear "Stay strong Beany I'm here for you."

"Where's my Dad?" He'd returned hours ago and she still hadn't seen him.

All eyes in the room were on her as Lucas pointed to the corner near the door. She gasped when she saw him and immediately looked at Lucas who held up his hands in a sign that said 'it wasn't me'.

"It was me." Ben moved across the room towards her and Damon. He needed to hold his friend and if Damon didn't like it then he'd lay him out like he did with Michael.

"Tell them Luc. Tell them why I hit Michael."

"We found a file called Michael Bradley."