-15-

Not edited.

Damon's head was spinning. Things like this didn't happen.. did they? He knew they did but still... not to his Anna.

He sat down at the realisation that what he was about to hear wasn't going to be pretty.

"Damon?" Michael's voice broke through his thoughts.

"Yes, I'm here.... what do you mean... got away?"

"Exactly that. Look I know I should have told you everything before this.."

"Yes Michael you fucking should have. I would have had the chance to be prepared for a full on fucking submissive fiancée!"

He heard a loud crash through the phone followed by Michael yelling out to someone and them returning the yells. He heard the opening and slamming of doors in conjunction with words like "Pack" and "Home".

Finally Michael returned to the phone.

"Damon, don't leave her alone. Is she in her own bed?"

"Of course she is! We're not married yet..."

"Move her to your room Damon then call me back. Do it now!"

He was left with the beeping tone that showed the end of a call. He sat stunned for a moment before his mind and body caught up to one another and he ran from the office to Anna's room.

He wasn't sure what he'd be finding but he actually prayed that Anna would be where he left her. He didn't think he'd ever be more grateful for anything in his life as he was in that moment of seeing her head on that pillow, her breathing that of restful sleep.

Her peaceful face showed nothing of what the night had been. Tenderly he ran a finger down the side of her face relishing the sweet softness under his calloused finger as he knelt down beside the bed.

"Oh Anna my love, what happened to you?" he spoke almost in a whisper "why did you behave the way you did... what did he do to you?"

He stayed there for a moment and then remembered what Michael had said. Gently pulling back on the blanket he gazed down at her and his face froze with fury as he saw the scars that were now exposed by the nightie riding up on her thighs. He recognised the type of marks but there was no way they would leave scars such as this if done correctly.

As gently as he could he lifted her and took her to his room and tucked her into his bed. Built in instinct from his training for his business told him to check the windows in the room and once satisfied they were secure he made his way back downstairs to get the bottle of scotch he'd left on the desk.

Picking it up he returned to his room and again instinct kicked in and he locked the door to the hall. Anna had settled in with a slight murmer when he'd placed her in his bed. He'd shushed her and told her to sleep but it was her words 'Yes Sir' that made his blood run cold with pure hatred for the man all be it monster that caused the suffering she'd been through.

He couldn't get the image of her scars out of his head as he opened the door to the balcony and stepped outside to call Michael back. She was obviously tortured and now he was ready to kill Gregory Frazer for harming what is his... he just needed a little more information to make it happen.