Hunger Games

You were in shock from the moment your little sister, Y/S/N, was called during the reaping. As she slowly made her way through the crowd, her face was pale, as if she was going to get sick right then and there. Luke, your best friend, looked at you from the boys' side of the crowd, giving you this concerned look, like he knew what you were about to do.

"Y/S/N!" You screeched, battling through the grips of the peacekeepers, "I-I volunteer! I volunteer!"

Taken aback, the peacekeepers let you pass them. You yelled again, "I volunteer as tribute!"

"Well, it seems we have a volunteer," Effie Trinket announced, "Come on up, dear."

The peacekeepers escorted you up, and Y/S/N burst into tears. Luke had to pick her up and carry her away.

"Now, what is your name?" The clown lady asked you.

"Y/N Y/L/N."

"Well, I bet my hat that was your sister, wasn't it?" She smiled.

"Yes." You answered.

"And now, for the boys." Effie said, strutting over to the boys' drawing bowl.

She read the name, "Harry Styles."

You remembered him well. He had fed you once when you were starving, tossing you a piece of bread. You had never forgotten that moment, and the sympathetic look on his face. Harry had never really spoken to you, and nor you him. His family owned the local bakery.

You saw him out there, he was frozen for a second or two, like every other tribute was when called, but gave into the peacekeepers without a fight.

"Well go on," said Effie, "Shake hands you two."

You turned towards each other, and with still expressions, shook hands.

Then, you two were taken inside. After a minute or two of being consumed with fear, your mother, sister, and Luke all came in to see you. To bid you farewell. The first person you went to was Y/S/N.

"J-Just try to win, if you can." She was crying.

"Maybe I can...I am smart, you know."

"You can hunt." She said, "Here this is to protect you."

The golden mockingjay pin you have given to her earlier in that day was in the palm of her hand. You took it. "Thank you." You whispered, before pulling her in for one last hug.

Then, you went to your mother. You told her very strictly not to tune out again, that you wouldn't be there to take care of Y/S/N.

Finally, there was Luke. You tucked yourself into his warm embrace, not wanting to let go.

"You can do this, Y/N. You know how to hunt." He told you softly.

"Yeah, only animals." You contradicted.

He sighed, "There's no difference."

"Time's up!" The peacekeepers came in and took them away, then led you and Harry onto the train. The two of you sat in silence, until he brought up some conversation.

"Have you ever met the mentor? Haymitch?"

You didn't reply.

"Look Y/N, I know that the situation isn't ideal, but there's nothing wrong with getting a little bit of help."

You looked at him, and thought of the time he gave you the bread, saving your life in the process. He returned the same kind of face back to you, as if he knew what you were thinking about.