chapter twenty-one.

LUNA.
'Feeling safe isn't a usual feeling in this world, not anymore. Not since I lost you. You were my savior, you made me feel safe and you made me feel strong. Feeling safe isn't something I will feel very soon, but it will happen, because you are my guardian angel, dad.'

Everything hurts, my head, my legs, my back, everything. I wasn't sure how to take it any longer, but I had to. I had to survive. I can clarify the situation, Dave got his payback. My arms are covered in bruises and my ribs were hurt. I was trying to cover up the pain as much as I could, I shouldn't show my weakness, pain. I am not saying this isn't hard on me, but I have to act from now on. "Hello, sexy mama." I hear someone calling out in a singing voice, Brodie. "Hello Brodie." I say with a smile on my face, "How are you today Lun?" He asks me, and I am not in the mood to talk about how I feel, because the answer is like shit. I just have to play it cool, "I am good, how about you?" I ask him, trying to be polite. "I am not sure if you are good, you don't look good." He told me, "Well, thank you for saying I look like shit Brodie. I appreciate the love!" I say in a sarcastic voice. I see him shaking his head, and he lets out a chuckle, "No, I mean you don't seem alright. What is wrong and don't lie to me, please." Was it that obvious? How the fuck did he know- "Hello? Hun, don't leave me hanging." He interrupts my thoughts, and I just shake my head. "Nothing your handsome head has to worry about, I am fine, honestly Brodie." I tell him with a small smile, and he pulls me in for a side-hug. And in every 'normal' situation I would have loved a hug, but my arms are covered in bruises. "I should go," I say as fast as I can and I push him slightly away. "Did I do something wrong?" He asks me with a shocked look on his face, "No, well I am sore because I went to the- the gym." I tell him, trying to believe my own lie. "What really happened mama?" I don't want to lie to him, he is one of the not many people who seem to care enough to ask about it.

I take his hand in mine and I give him a small smile, "I can't share it. Not yet, but I can show you, but you have to promise me something." I look up, and he nods his head, "Of course." I can feel the tears burning in my eyes, but I promise myself not to cry. "Don't share it with anyone." I see him nodding his head and I lead the way, going to the alley next to our school building. When we reach the alley I look around me and I don't see anyone, I look at him ones more and I lift my hoodie in a quick motion. I study his face and I notice many emotions. "What happened Luna?" He asks me in a whisper, and I just shake my head. "I can't tell you, not yet. But I will tell you, when I trust you for the one-hundred percent. Just don't tell anyone about this." He nods his head and opens his mouth to say something, but he stops, "You can ask me about it." I tell him with a forced smile, "You have to tell me, when this gets out of hand, promise me." I meet his sad eyes one more time, before nodding my head. "I will, I promise I will." I give him one quick hug before whispering, "Thank you, Brodie."

"You and Johnson?" Grace asks me when I catch up with her. "What?" I ask her and I see her laughing, "Hun, I know the alley was supposed to cover it up, but I saw. So what happened?" She asks in a typical 'Grace' voice. "I was telling him something, it was emotional, and he gave me a hug. He was mental support, because I couldn't find you." I tell her, lying. She is my mental supporter, she always has been, but telling Brodie felt right. She nods her head, and give me a kiss on my forehead. "Did you tell him about Dave?" She asks me and I shake my head, "I didn't exactly tell him, I showed him the bruises, because he hugged me and it felt like he was stabbing knifes in my ribs." She nods her head and I continue, "It felt good showing someone, he understood me. Like Dean does." I see her nodding her head again, and she smiles at me. "I just couldn't tell him how I got them, not yet." Maybe I will tell him, one day. But right now, it isn't the right time. It didn't feel right to tell him already, I don't know him that well and I want to trust him with my life, before telling such a horrible part in my pathetic life. I didn't want him to look at me, and pity me. I don't want them to feel sorry, I want them to understand the situation.