chapter twenty-four.

XAVI.
Brodie and I had our first fight yesterday, we never fought before. I don't even know how to react to this, but he really should have told me. I didn't want to hit him back, because I deserved it. I deserved the punch, I did deserve more than just a punch, honestly. After all those things I did say, I deserved the punch. I shouldn't have yelled, I shouldn't have started about that.

Flashback.
"You fucker, tell me what the fuck you know. I will beat your ass Bro. You know I am not fucking kidding when it is about her. I told you she is fucking important to me, and you have to tell me!" I yell at Brodie.
"Dude, who the fuck do you think you are? I promised her not to tell anyone. You out of all people should know I like to keep my promises." Brodie told me, I am close to beating him up, too close. I do not want to hurt him, but I need him to tell me.
"Are you fucking her?" I ask him, and I notice him holding his jaw tight together.
"No Xavi, I would never do that. You know I care too much about our friendship." I look at him, challenging him with my eyebrow.
"Why not? You would fuck her if I wasn't interested wouldn't you? And is our friendship really that important to you, because you are lying to me right now. Right in my face." I ask him, and I have to know. I have to get a real answer, the truth.
"Jees Brodie, just tell me the truth for ones!" I yell at him, and he shakes his head.
"I- yes, she is gorgeous. But you are interested in her man, I wouldn't fucking betray you! Xavi, you are like my fucking brother, I would never betray you like that!" He yells at me.
"Fuck you Bro, you sure you wouldn't fuck her? You want her beautiful body, and her attitude. You sure you wouldn't betray me? It isn't like you have never done that before, isn't that right?" I ask him, and that made him lose his mind. I know that is a sensitive subject. Brodie kissed his friends girlfriend ones, by accident, because he didn't know it was her. He punches me right in my jaw, I could say I was surprised, but I wasn't. I wasn't even planning on punching back. I fucking deserved it.
"I wasn't fucking her, she has bruises all over her damn body, I know that because she showed me the bruises on her ribs. She didn't want me to tell anyone, because she was scared of the reactions!"
End flashback.

I hate fighting my friends, I hate fighting against Brodie. Brodie and I are two hands on one stomach, our bond is tight. I can't lose him, and I should have thought about that before yelling at him, but I didn't. I should search for Luna today, I have to talk to her. I have to know everything, because right now I am putting things together and it isn't pretty. I have to be sure, because I can't handle not knowing what is happening to her. I can't handle the ideas my head is creating, it is scaring me. I get in my car, and before I know it I arrive at Luna's house. I knock on the door and I wait for her to open it. A guy around the age of twenty-five opens the door, maybe she has a second brother?
"Yeah, what can I help you with?" He asks me, and I force a smile and I just take a deep breath before speaking up.
"Hello, I am looking for Luna Davis. She told me I could find her here, I am here for our project." I tell him, and he nods his head, and chuckles.
"And who are you, if I may ask?" He asks me. I can see the judgmental face he is serving me.
"As I said before, I am here for a project sir, for Biology." I tell him, and he lets me in and smirks.
"I will walk you to her room." He tells me, and I just follow him. This can go two ways, either very bad or less bad than I expect it to go.
"Thank you sir." I say trying to sound as polite as I can. He knocks on Luna's door, and I hear her soft voice on the other side of the room. She sounds so vulnerable and broken.
"Who is there?" The guy seems annoyed with her question. She wasn't asking him anything unusual.
"Me and a boy, he is here for a project or something like that." I am not just a  boy, but I am not planning on telling him that. I hear the door cracking open, she doesn't seem surprised, maybe just a little shocked.
"Come in, thank you, Dave." She told the guy, and he looked ones more at me, before he walked away.
"Slut." I hear him whispering, and I can't ignore this, this goes way to far. You can't just call your sister a slut.
"What was that?" I ask him, turning around so I can face him. I am not afraid of this bastard. Luna stops me by pushing me inside her room.
"Ignore it. Please."

"So," She says, and I just look at her, I have no idea how to start. I don't want to raise my voice, or cost a scene.
"Baby, tell me." I demand in a soft way, I want to help her, I want to save her. I don't have to be her hero, I want to fight by her side. I have to ask her why she wasn't trusting me. I know starting this conversation might be a risk, but I am willingly to take it.
"Why didn't you trust me enough?" I asked her, and she shook her head.
"I did trust you, I do trust you, Xavi. I just trusted you too much, I knew if you knew, well you would try to do something about it. Because that is who you are, but this isn't something that can be fixed." I nod my head. I understand her, and I understand why she thinks this way, I would try to help her. I know I can help her, that is the difference between me and everyone else. I know I can help her.
"But baby, if you really didn't want me to do anything, I wouldn't have done anything until I was sure I could reach the goal with my actions." She shook her head and let out a laugh.
"Like you did at that party?" She asks me, and I jerked my head up.
"Come here," I tell her, and she gets closer to me. I push my knee between her legs and the open. I pull her in for a hug, and she sits down on my lap.
"Baby, who is hurting you deserves to be hurt, you deserve to be protected-" She interrupts me by placing her small, soft hand on my mouth.
"I don't need to be protected, I am a big girl." I started stroking her back, and I felt her shifting.
"Please, don't move." I tell her, I feel my dick getting harder by the second, and I don't want to be the bad guy.
"Are you serious? We are having a serious moment and your dick is growing like virus!" She whisper-yells at me. "You are seriously comparing my dick to a fucking virus? My dick is fucking amazing, don't you ever compare it with a virus again Mrs. I am a biology student." I hear a giggle escaping her throat, and damn, if this isn't the most lovely sound ever I don't know what is.
"Back to the subject baby, because I am considering everything at the moment, I need the truth." I tell her, and I give her a kiss on her head. I meet her eyes, and she nods her head.
"I want to share it with you."

LUNA.
I can share everything with Xavi. I can tell him my secrets, I can trust him with my secrets. I trust him with everything I told him, but I am afraid of the consequences. I am afraid he might get hurt, I don't want him to get hurt. I should start at the beginning, that seems about right.
"My dad passed away a few years ago, and ever since then my mom is trying to find the right guy." I tell him, stopping for a second, just to breath.
"I have some bruises on my body, but you already knew that. Brodie told you about them." I tell him, and I see him nodding his head.
"Hey, you are safe with me, okay?" I nod my head and I take a deep breath again.
"You have to promise me one thing, before I even want to continue." I tell him, and I see him nodding his head. He wants me to continue.
"You can't fight against it. You will stay in, you will not start a fight ones you get out. You will leave it the way it is, because it is my fight to fight." I tell Xavi, and he nods his head. I see his hand grabbing mine, and he gives it a light squeeze.
"Dave." I whisper out, and before I can continue I see his face turning into a frown.
"Who is Dave, babe?" He asks me, and I just look at my hands, but he lifts my chin.
"The boy, the one who opened the door for you, that is Dave." I tell him, and his eyebrow shots up. I see him thinking.
"You promised me you would stay here." I tell him, and I continue.
"Dave is my mother's boyfriend or toy boy, I don't even want to know, but my mom doesn't want to leave him, and I can't just leave her, not yet. I don't have enough money. I am planning on leaving as soon as I make enough money, the boy from yesterday, that was Dean." I tell him with a small smile on my face, my brother makes me happy.
"Dean is my brother, and he fought with Dave, because he found out the things I just told you, but my mom told him to leave, instead of her boyfriend." I feel weak and vulnerable, I hate this feeling. I will try to make this sound better, just to make me sound less weak.
"But I will be fine, if I am in my room he doesn't come in. I just have to be quick when I get downstairs. But I will be completely fine." I feel Xavi's hands on my thighs, and I look at him.
"You can come over to our place, you can stay there for a while, because I want to rip the dudes head off. I know you will be safe if you are in my house." He told me, and I nodded my head.
"Me too, I want to hurt him as well." I tell him, and I place my head on his collarbone, and he starts stroking my hair. I never felt safe in a guy arms, not after Andrew and now I do. This might become a problem, I might fall for him. I don't know how or if I can stop myself from falling for him.