chapter twenty-three.

XAVI.
She just drove away, she left us here, without any information. Without any fucking thing! The guy yelled something about hurting someone, but I don't know about who he was talking. And she was with a fucking guy, who was that guy and why the fuck was he yelling at her. He might even hurt her! Who the fuck was that guy even and why was she that protective over him?
"We go after her." I tell the boys, and I see Brodie getting in his car and I get in the passenger seat next to him, I don't want someone to hurt her. And I want to find out who that crazy junk or alcoholic was.
"Drive, and Brodie, drive fast." I tell him, and I see him nodding, Brodie gets me, he likes Luna as well. For his sake I hope he doesn't like her the way I do, I hope he likes her more like a sister. Brodie is driving fast, just to keep up with them.
"We have to know where they are going, because Luna's house wasn't this street, so maybe they are bringing the dude home, or maybe they are going to Grace's house." I tell them, not knowing shit. Maybe this guy lives with Grace, maybe he lives on his own, I don't fucking know!
"Where the fuck are they going?" Cason said being annoyed, I know his voice, he is just as annoyed as we are.
"I dunno, dude." Brodie says in the way he always talks, short as fuck.
"We shall see, brother." Blake said, and I knew he was annoying Cason now, but I didn't have time for fucking jokes.
"Fuck off." Cason says, and we keep driving. I look up, and I see a house, a fucking nice house.
"What the hell," I say out loud, this is actually a nice house. I was looking at the streets and I saw some houses familiar to Luna's place.
"I think I know this neighborhood." I tell them and I get out of the car, when I see Grace, Luna and the guy getting out as well. I walk up to Luna and I grab her hand gently.
"Lun, I can walk myself perfectly fine, party pooper." He told her, and I am seriously annoyed by this guy. If she wasn't holding him, I would kick him right in his crotch.
"Luna." I say, and she turns around, and meets my eyes.
"What a second, I will get him inside first. We can talk after that." She told me, but Blake, Brodie and Cason were already getting over there, so they could take Luna's place.
"I can do this." she told them, and Bro grabbed her face between her hands, and told her something. I don't know what it was, but I got jealous. She actually listens to him, she always gives me her attitude. Not that I mind her attitude, she is a little savage.

"Xavi," She says, while walking closer to me. I have to be direct, I just want to know.
"Who is the guy?" I ask her, straight to the point, and I see her reaction. I just have to know, and this might be the only chance to ask, which means I am taking it.
"Who do you mean? Dean?" She asks me while pointing at the door. I know she means the guy, who is inside the house now.
"Yeah, that one. Who is he?" I ask her, and she just let out a deep breath.
"He is Dean," and before she can answer I interrupt her.
"You already said that." I tell her. She jerks her head up, and raises her eyebrow. I know I am being an asshole right now, but I am just stressed.
"Look, if you would have kept your mouth shut I could have told you he is my brother and he is drunk. He used to be an addicted, a problem-drinker, but he stopped. But just a lot of things happened, and I am sure he will get over it, but right now with my ste- that isn't important. It is just hard for him to talk about things. But he is my everything, he is the only good thing I got from that family, and I have to help him, always." She tells me, and I was curious, because she stopped herself.

"Is he hurting someone?" I ask her, and I see her shaking her head.
"What is costing the problem, maybe I can help it go away?" I tell her, not sure what I am talking about.
"Forget it, I am okay, Dean will be okay, I don't even know why you care." She tells me, and I just shook my head, I can't show her my weakness.
"I don't babe, I was just curious." I tell her, but fuck me, I cared too much about her already. I didn't know how I couldn't care about her.

"Big boss, we are ready and steady to go. The guy is in bed and Grace is there with him for now, bringing him water, and some meds for his headache or something like that, he asked for weed, I told him I didn't have any, I do but not for him. But that isn't the point, the point is who the fuck this weirdo is, so who is it?" Blake asked Luna, and Luna was just looking disappointed, she is probably ashamed.
"The guy is her brother, now Blake leave it alone, please." Blake nods his head, and he heads towards the car already, I look to my right and I saw Brodie nodding his head. They were giving me the opportunity to talk to Luna, alone.
"I will be right there." I tell them? And they get inside the car.
"Babe, you can really talk to me, I will not tell them anything, if it is about that just remember I am here for you, you are- fuck I care, alright? I do care." I tell her and she shakes her head again. I can't read her face, it seems unreadable.
"Why?" She asks me in a whisper, and I just look at her. She was looking at the ground, and that made me lift her chin, so she would be looking in my eyes.
"How can I not care about you?" I whisper, I want her to trust me. I need it. I start heading towards my car, but I stopped when I heard a whisper.
"You can't help me Xavi. This is my fight to fight, not yours, captain." And with that she walks away, it might not be my fight, but I want to fight it. I want to fight it for her, I want to fight by her side.

After half an hour we finally arrived at the house. We had to make three stops, just because the boys had to. Cason and I just wanted to get home, and I wanted to know what Luna meant with that conversation. The boys would have just asked her, but I couldn't do it. She looked almost afraid to tell me anything, but I need to know what she was talking about.
"Do any of you dickheads know anything about Luna I don't?" I ask them, and I saw most of them shaking their head, except from Brodie.
"Bro? Is there something you are keeping away from me? I have to know Brodie, I have to know." I say. I saw him looking at me, and I knew he wasn't just going to tell me, so I had to get it out of him, whatever it takes.
"Brodie, I am fucking serious right now, tell me." He shook his head again, I am not letting this go. He knows I am not letting it go.
"Brodie, last chance, tell me what the fuck is going on!" I yell at him, and before I know it I know her story.

LUNA.
Brodie: I AM SO SORRY!

Me: What are you talking about, Brodie?

Brodie: I told him, and he is freaking out, I am so sorry mama. I really didn't want to, but I felt like shit. I couldn't lie to his face.

Brodie: I even had to hit him.

Brodie: Luna?

Brodie: Please don't hate me, I can't handle you hating me. You are like my sister.

The words 'I told him', keeps repeating in my head, he told him, Xavi. He told him about the bruises. Xavi knew I was in this big fight with Dave, one plus one is two, he isn't an idiot. He knows about Dave, I don't hate Brodie, you just can't hate him. I don't even want to hate him, ever. I love Brodie as a brother, I don't blame him. I shouldn't have told him, if I didn't want it to get out. And now I have to deal with the consequences, and the answer is fast. He did everything in his power to help me and he couldn't, no one can.