{Chapter 6}

The Mafia Leader Damien, Chapter 6: I'm not that scary in my suit...
~~~~~

Damien's pov:

I waited in the car for the two bodyguards to call me. Crawford was looking at some emails on his phone while Zach went to sleep in the back.

I felt my phone vibrated and I took it.

"We got them out safely boss. They already drive away from here." He said and I nodded.

"Alright, you can go home," I said and hang up.

I turned the engine on and started to drive.

"Why are you looking out for her?" Crawford asked, breaking the silence in the car.

"Why not," I replied and he chuckled.

"So it's her? Your lucky one?" He asked and I thought about it.

There was no doubt she caught my eyes. There was something about her that makes me want her. I personally don't know her and she doesn't know me yet but soon she will.

"I'll take that silence as a yes," Crawford concluded before going back to his phone.

I reached our mansion and parked my car. We stepped out and woke Zach up. I made my way in my room and went to take a shower. Once done, I wore my sweatpants and went to bed.

------

The next day, I got ready to go to the office. I made my way to the kitchen and found the guys. Zach was drinking his coffee while Crawford was making breakfast.

"Did you find out about the orphanage?" I asked as I sat in front of Zach.

"You still remember about it?" Zach joked and I glare at him.

"I did. I called them in the morning and we can go to visit them whenever we want." Crawford answered.

"How about we leave after breakfast?" I asked and he glanced back at me.

"Sure, but you might want to change up," Crawford said and I frowned. I was wearing my usual suit.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I asked.

"We are going to see some children, not some clients." Zach pointed out.

"They might get scared when they will see you. Wear something casual. No suit." Crawford said and I sighed.

"I'm not that scary in my suit," I said and they both chuckled.

"You are." They both said together.

"Fine, I'll change in something casual," I said and they nodded.

"And if you don't have anything casual, my closet is open," Crawford added and I rolled my eyes.

My closet was filled with suit because that's what I wear every day. I do have a few t-shirts and sweatpants.

I let them have their breakfast and made my way upstairs. I walked to my closet and try to find a 'casual' outfit. I looked deeply in my closet and took out a pair of rip jean. I don't know how I got them but they will work for today. I grabbed one of my black shirts and got ready.

I walked back downstairs and this time they were in the living room

"Nice, you do not look scary anymore," Zach smirked and I shrugged.

"Can we go now?" I asked and they nodded.

I let Crawford drive since he knew where the orphanage was.

-----

When Crawford parked in front of the orphanage, I was surprised but how it looked.

"Damn, how are they living in that thing?" Zach asked shocked.

The outside looked horrible. It looks like it can fall apart anytime. The paint was gone, we could see the wood but it wasn't at it's best to state.

"Let's go inside," Crawford said walking to the porch.

"I'm scared to even walk there." Zach murmured. I followed Crawford and he reached out to knock. Some dust falls out of the wood and Crawford glanced at me.

We really need to do something for this orphanage.

The door cracked open and a little girl came out. She looked at us carefully before opening the door widely.

"Hi, is Mrs Janet here?" Crawford asked politely to the girl. She looked at him and nodded.

"Can you call her out?" Zach asked and she looked at Zach.

"She is putting the babies to sleep. Come in." She said lowly. Crawford walked in first and we followed him.

The inside was worst. The wood cracks as we walked in. There was no paint on the wall and the ceiling was leaking water on the wall. The little girl leads us to a room where there was a long couch. We sat down and she ran inside.

"We need to do something to help them," Zach said looking around.

"And we will," I stated.

"Everything changed. This orphanage was really beautiful when dad and I used to come. There was a playing area at the back and every child would play there." Crawford sighed.

After a few minutes, a lady walked in.

"Mr Russo, it's nice to see you again." The lady smiled at Crawford.

"Hi, Mrs Janet, this is my brother Damien and our friend Zach. We are really sorry that we didn't come earlier." Crawford said and the lady shakes her head no.

"You don't have to apologize. I understand." She said.

"Did you get any sponsor to fund the orphanage?" I asked and she sighed.

"Unfortunately, not everyone is as generous as your dad. He was the only sponsor for this orphanage. We manage to run this orphanage because of the money he used to send us every year. But these past years had been really rough for us. Two of our babies died because we couldn't afford them the treatment they needed." She sighed.

Fuck.

"Why didn't you contact us?" Crawford asked shocked.

"We didn't want to bother you. Your dad already did a great job helping us, we didn't want to force you for anything." Mrs Janet explained.

"Can we looked around?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Of course you can." She agreed.

She walked in front of us and showed us all the orphanage. Many children were sharing rooms. We reached the babies area and there were 5 little babies sleeping on a bed. The whole room didn't look safe for anyone of them.

We will change that!

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah