{Chapter 24}

The Mafia Leader Chapter 24:Way to kick me out...
~~~~~

Savannah's pov:

After calming my racing heart, I put on the clothes Damien gave me. I hope that after this incident, nothing become awkward between us. I did saw his friend down there.

The shirt was big. I tossed the sleeves to my elbow and did a knot in the middle. It looks cute. I then put on my sweatpants. I was lucky enough that they weren' falling down. I grabbed the tie of my hair and put it around my wrist. My hair was wet so I didn't tie it up.

I walked out of the bathroom and I was surprised to see a lady waiting for me.

"Sorry if I scare you, but Sir told me to put your clothes in the dryer." She explained politely.

She must be the maid Damien talked about.

"I'll bring you the clothes," I said and went to pick them up. I handed it to her and she nodded at me.

She opened the door to leave and Damien was right there. He nodded at her and walked inside. He opened his mouth to talk but he closed them as soon as he saw me.

"Wow, it doesn't look like my clothes." He said looking at the outfit and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"T-the shirt was too big that's why I tie it," I explained and he nodded.

"That's okay, let's go down. Crawford made dinner for us." He said.

"For me too?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah,"

We both made our way downstairs and I had to follow Damien since I didn't know the way. We entered the kitchen and found Crawford and Zach talking to each other near the oven.

They both toward us when they noticed us.

"You look little in that outfit," Zach said amused.

"I know." I murmured. I look shorter compare to them.

Damien and I took a seat at the dining table and Zach joined us with a glass of juice. He took a sip and sighed contented.

"So mind telling us why you both were wet?" Crawford asked while cooking.

"Oh nothing much, I found her on the road knocking two guys unconscious," Damien said making Zach choked on his juice and Crawford's head to snap our way.

"Wait! I think you said it wrong. Did you mean you found her on the road and you knock the two guys unconscious?" Zach asked not believing Damien.

"Nope, this time it wasn't me," Damien said shaking his head.

"How?" I looked at Crawford and he was looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, even I am curious to know," Damien added.

"My parents were fighters when they were younger and they taught Elijah and me how to fight when we turned 10 years old. I used to fight at a club every week but I stopped when I start working with dad. Elijah continued for a few more months and stop when it became hard for him to handle both sides." I explained and they listened carefully.

"So your mom and dad know how to fight? They don't mind seeing people fighting?" Zach asked curiously.

"No they don't mind, they still train in the gym on Saturdays," I said and they nodded.

"I didn't expect that from an innocent girl like you," Crawford admitted and I chuckled.

"Never judge a book but its cover." I shrugged and he nodded.

"Right." He said and went back to cooking.

After a few minutes, Crawford served dinner which was pasta.

It looked really yummy. We all immediately started to eat and it was so good.

----

After dinner, we all settle down in the living room. It was around 9:30 pm. Zach put some movie and put the fan on. Due to this some papers from the middle table started to fly around. One of them landed near my feet and I reached out to grab it. I was about to put it on the table when something caught my attention.

I.R

I read the notes before it was snatched from my hand. I looked up and saw Zach putting all the papers on the table, even the one he took from me.

"You've been receiving those notes too." I blurt out and they all turned to me.

"Wait, what do you mean by 'too' ?" Crawford asked cautiously.

"It's been two weeks since I've been receiving some emails from some named I.R," I said and they glanced at each other.

"Why didn't you tell me when I was in your office?" Zach asked and I shrugged.

"I thought someone was playing around," I admitted.

"For two weeks? You thought someone was playing around for two weeks." Damien asked his voice hard.

He was mad...

"Well, I thought so. I didn't know someone would do that purposely." I argue back.

"Can we see the mails?" Zach asked and I nodded. I took out my phone and went to my emails. I went to the first one and handed it to him.

"You should have told me earlier," Zach said lowly.

"Why? Do you know who's doing that?" I asked confused.

"No, not yet," Damien said making me more confused.

"Can you forward us all the emails?" Crawford asked and I nodded. I don't know what they were going to do with that but if that's what they want... why not.

"I need to drop you home. It's late." Damien said dryly.

Way to kick me out...

"I'll get your clothes from the dryer." He said standing up. He walked away and I sighed.

"Don't mind him, he's just really pissed off about something," Crawford said trying to explain Damien's behaviour. However, this wasn't helping at all.

----

I was now in the car with Damien driving me home. None of us talked. Damien seems to be lost in his own thoughts. I did glance at him several times and I saw him clenching his jaw.

He stopped by my house and I stepped out. He didn't say goodbye or goodnight to me like he always does. He waited for me to reach my porch before he speeds away.

What happened?

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah