Chapter 2

Leslie

No doubt about it, I was in shock. Colson Baker aka Machine Gun Kelly was standing in front of me, and had bought all that coke right out from under me! Not only was his show such a shitty performance but he wasn't courteous to other junkies needing to score. I felt my shock turn to rage and before I could stop myself I was screaming "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE"?!! "Just because you are THE Machine Gun Kelly doesn't mean that you get to be a diva on stage and then shortchange another addict"! Words were flowing from my mouth like word vomit and I couldn't stop my rage. Every emotion that had been bottled up for months while I was sober were at the surface and the floodgates burst. Tears filled my eyes as I began to cry from rage, sadness, and shame. I saw the surprised look on his face; who the hell bursts into a fit after realizing they have spent an evening with Colson Baker?! Me, that's who.

Sinking to the ground I let my emotions take over and I sobbed with so much hurt and anger. I felt his lanky figure sink down next to me, for so long I had admired this man for being the voice of people like me who had no voice and I had just screamed at him for no damn good reason. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest continuing to let me cry. My tears soaked his shirt as he held me, I finally composed myself or maybe I just ran out of tears and I pulled myself away from him. He spoke in such a soft hushed tone; letting me feel that everything was alright "I will give you a refund of your money for the show you attended tonight plus a little extra, I know this wasn't my best performance and you deserved better". The man I had been so madly in love with for his words in his music had just made me swoon even harder after this. He might have a tortured soul and demons that haunt his life; but so did I and my demons wanted to play with his.

Colson

This beautiful vixen had just cussed me for everything I was worth and called me on all my bullshit, and I would gladly let her do it again just to hear her speak. Something about this woman drove me mad with lust. As her head was pressed into my chest I caught a whiff of her hair and it smelled just as magical as she looked. Her jet black locks had the faint scent of strawberries and was as soft and her alabaster skin. I was stunned when she pulled away from me; her tears had ceased and she was looking at me with her haunted eyes. This ravenous creature had more issues than just my show being an utter failure her eyes painted a picture of sorrow and hurt; I could see the lack of trust she had but a gut feeling told me it was all men and not just me that she didn't trust. I broke her gaze and looked down noticing two words that meant something to the both of us tattooed on her right middle finger; "Lace Up". I looked at her again knowing I had spotted the tattoo she spoke. "Your music found me at a low point in my life, it spoke to me and gave me a reason to keep going; to chase my dreams when all I wanted was to give up".

          We spent hours sitting on that sidewalk outside of my bus talking about anything we could, she seen me for who I was and not for my stage presence

We spent hours sitting on that sidewalk outside of my bus talking about anything we could, she seen me for who I was and not for my stage presence. Never had I met someone so powerful yet so weak and defeated at the same time. I knew she deserved a better life than what I had to offer her, but damn I didn't want to let her go. I gave her a couple of ounces from the blow I bought out from under her and we exchanged numbers, I was a rolling stone and had to be on the move to the next city and the next show. She flashed me those pearly whites and said in that beautiful southern drawl "don't be a stranger around here Colson". That was it I had one hit of her and I was addicted.

Leslie

Last night was the most perfect night, I met the man behind the lyrics and he was just as mesmerizing as his words. I was on cloud 9 as I shuffled through my work day and I wasn't planning on coming down anytime soon. Being high off life and jacked on coke at the same time was a magical feeling, everything seemed better after meeting Colson. Remembering the lingering feeling of Colson's arms around my body was enough to drag me back into a daydream but before the dream could start I heard Nessa's voice booming through the store. "Well what a shit show that was huh"? Knowing she was referring to the performance last night and before I could think I was defending his name and I said "maybe he was just having an off day". Rolling her eyes she scoffed it's okay to admit that your celeb crush is a d-bag, it's not like you are ever going to see him again". Hurt filled my heart, not from her words but from a dose of reality that even though we had exchanged numbers would this be the last time I saw Colson Baker? As this realization flooded my thoughts I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, I wiggled the slim iPhone out of my super skinny jeans and looked at the caller ID. My heart filled with pure joy when I saw his name on the screen, but I also was worried that Nessa would see. This was a secret that I wanted to keep to myself for as long as possible. I quickly hit the silence button and typed out a message:

L: Hey I am at work and have a customer, I will call you back

C: Okay, no problem 😊

Nessa looked at me quizzically while I shoved the phone back in my pocket. "Who are you avoiding"? "I'm not avoiding anybody, it was just a telemarketer". She gave me a suspicious look telling me that she didn't believe me; she let it go this time but I couldn't keep lying to her. I was eventually going to have to tell her about Colson.

Colson

Colson

What was I thinking, of course she wasn't going to talk to me after last night. I had been a jerk on stage and then a greedy dope fiend after that. She basically told me how she felt when she cussed me not knowing I was the one she was talking to. I couldn't blame her for being mad, as I was getting ready to throw myself a major pity party for losing this beautiful woman before I even had her; my phone rang. "Hey you" she said before I got the chance to speak. "Hey yourself, I was afraid that you wouldn't want to speak to me after last night". "Colson, I said some pretty harsh things about you last night when I didn't realize that you were standing next to me. I just want to apologize for that because it was rude, no matter if the performance was terrible I shouldn't have been so quick to judge you based on the actions during one performance".

Her voice sounded like the most beautiful song I ever heard as she stammered out her apology. I quickly responded "no need to apologize, you called me on every bit of my bullshit and that was exactly what I needed". Honestly, the conversation wasn't enough I needed to see her again, to look into her icy blue eyes and to feel the warmth of her touch. She had me and she didn't know it, I thought quick on my feet and spat out "would you want to come to my next show"?! Silence lingered on the other end until I heard her yell "OHMYGOD YES"! I laughed at her eagerness and then I heard a drop in her excitement, "I don't have the money for a ticket" she spoke with such sorrow. "Oh, and who says you are going to be the one paying?"; just as quickly as the excitement left her voice it was back and at full force "where is the show, and will I meet you there"? I chuckled and let the surprise slip from my mouth "the show will be in Laughlin Nevada at the Harrah's casino." I heard her take a deep breath and exhaling it out before agreeing to take off with me to Nevada.