ONE YEAR LATER

Leslie

It was a year later and the day I was marrying my best friend, the man who loved me unconditionally from the moment we met. Our first year was turbulent to say the least and this last year had taken a toll, honestly I wasn't sure that we would make it to this day; but here we were.

We had decided on pushing the wedding back until our lives weren't so hectic, but let's be real; life with Machine Gun Kelly is always hectic. I had been to more countries this last year than I thought would ever be possible in my lifetime. Colson had released Tickets To My Downfall a few weeks after we moved into our North Carolina home and we spent the rest of that year touring.

After the tour we were finally settled back in and decided to start planning our wedding; I am so thankful for Ashleigh and her friendship because without her I would have been a complete mess. We had decided on a destination wedding with just my family, Casie and the crew. We had invited a few friends as well but we wanted to keep the ceremony as intimate as possible.

I inspected myself in the mirror, looking at the beautiful gown that covered my body; I never thought this day would come and I also never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would be marrying Colson Baker, the Hollywood bad boy, Machine Gun Kelly. I stepped out onto the private deck of my bungalow and let the warm tropical air caress my skin. Deciding that it would be poetic we were getting married Bora Bora where we both first confessed our unfaltering love for each other. As the air blew lose strands of hair around my face, I couldn't help but wonder if Colson was as nervous as I was.

Colson

OHMYGOD I am a mess! I am freaking out! Never in my life did I imagine getting married! Leslie is perfect in all aspects of the word, she embraced me and my lifestyle without one bit of hesitation. She understands that the person she is marrying is different from the person I am on stage. When I get off stage and embrace her with my sweaty body, I am Colson not Machine Gun Kelly. Most importantly she loves my child as if Case was her own flesh and blood and that means more than anyone will ever know. Casie is her bridesmaid; you should have seen her eyes light up when Les asked her if she would be her bridesmaid; they are so close now it's the mother daughter bond that Casie never got to have.

It was just about time for the ceremony and I couldn't wait to see my bride walk down that aisle to me. Myself and the guys went to take our places on the beach and soon the few seats that were set up had been filled by our loved ones and close friends. My breathing was rapid and I was more nervous now that I ever had been on stage in front of thousands of people. It wouldn't be long now before Leslie was Mrs Baker and that thought made me the happiest man on the face of this planet.

The music started, the music that signaled she was on her way and I felt my stomach do a flip, she had decided to walk down the aisle to "Don't Want To Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith and honestly it fit perfectly. I never wanted to close my eyes because I was afraid one day I would wake up and she wouldn't be there anymore; it had been 2 years and I was still convinced I was dreaming. I was pulled from my daydream by the chatter of the people in the crowd, I looked up and saw my lovely almost wife being escorted by her loving father who graciously welcomed me into their family and not just their daughters husband but as a son also.

I didn't think she could look any more beautiful until I laid eyes on that jet black dress, it hugged every curve of her body perfectly and it plunged in the front enough to be modest yet sexy at the same time. She mentioned wearing a black one instead of traditional white because she was "marrying a rockstar after all". I heard the officiant say "who gives this woman to this man" her father's voice broke the silence "her mother and I." As I took my bride's hand in mine I said "I didn't think it was possible for you to be even more beautiful until I saw you in this dress, I love you Leslie."

Leslie

Leslie

His words brought the happy tears I had been holding back rolling from my eyes, he was handsome in his suit, again with no shirt because why would he bother wearing a shirt underneath. The officiant asked if we had prepared our vows and we did, being that we both had a love for Tim Burton movies we used the vows from Corpse Bride. Colson spoke slow and steady; you could hear the tears forming in his words.

"With this hand I will lift your sorrows, Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine, With this candle I will light your way in the darkness With this ring, I ask you to be mine" 

After he spoke the vows, I repeated them back to him; the officiant asked if we promised to love each other through sickness, health, richer, poorer, the whole speech and without any hesitation we both said "I Do." Smiling widely at each other we heard "you may now kiss your bride" and Colson grabbed me by the waist pulling me as close to him as I could get and kissed me with so much passion that my legs would have failed me had he not been holding me up. Our friends and family cheered as the officiant introduced us as "Mr and Mrs Colson Baker" my heart soared knowing that this beautiful man was now my husband.

We walked down the aisle as Mr and Mrs Baker as the final song from Nightmare Before Christmas played. He was the Jack to my Sallie, the ultimate love of my life and I never wanted to let him go. Our lives together so far had been an adventure, and we had an eternity to go. 

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind I'd like to join you, by your side Where we can gaze into the stars And sit together, now and forever For it is plain as anyone can see We're simply meant to be" 

Author's Note 

Thank You to everyone who has take time to read this story, it is the first story I have ever actually completed and put out there for others to read. I appreciate any feedback and there will possibly be a sequel to this story sometime down the road :)