Chapter 8

Leslie

Kells and I weren't a couple or anything, we had a makeout session once when we arrived in England but that's it; so I didn't understand all the hate. I was fine with all the hate from Halsey, Chantel, and the random fan girls who just wanted to be me. The one comment that hurt me the most was the one from Barry. I saw where Kells commented back to him and I gave it enough time for him to see then blocked him from commenting on all of our accounts. Don't get me wrong I really wanted Kells and I to be more but I was scared to let him any further into my crazy life than he already was because of Barry. If I was being honest with myself he probably wouldn't want to be with me after all of this anyway so I might as well enjoy the ride while I could.

We landed in Australia and I couldn't wait to take my picture in front of the Sydney Opera House. I hope that one day I could come back here and experience the tourist attractions without having to run away from a crazy ex. Hurrying to take a picture so that we could lead Barry on this wild goose chase we sat on a low wall with the opera house in the background and had Slim snap the picture, quickly I posted the picture and typed out a witty caption being sure to tag Kells

  Hurrying to take a picture so that we could lead Barry on this wild goose chase we sat on a low wall with the opera house in the background and had Slim snap the picture, quickly I posted the picture and typed out a witty caption being sure to t...

@lesbbyXX: enjoying the day in the Sydney sun with @machinegunkelly

Colson

I had to admit it was kind of nice to see Leslie posting pictures of us together making the whole world believe we were a couple, even though we hadn't even discussed this part of our lives. She had to know I was a player, maybe that's what she was doing; using my playboy reputation to her advantage to make Barry mad. I really wanted to talk to her about my feelings but I want to wait until this whole Barry ordeal is over maybe when that is taken care of she can relax a bit and focus on if she has feelings for me as well. Patience isn't one of my strong suits so I am hoping that this will work out.

We were in the hotel chilling with Rookie and Slim, I had just rolled a blunt and was fixing to light up when Les jerked it out of my hand, put the blunt between her luscious lips and fired it up. Damn this woman was more than I could have ever imagined. After all that she has had to deal with I would gladly share my blunt with her I was jealous because I wanted to be on her lips. Things were going good we were all laughing and having a good time just enjoying the company when Leslie's phone dinged letting us know she had a new message but it wasn't what we were expecting.

Leslie

My phone dinged in my pants pocket and my heart fell into my stomach, running from Barry was emotionally exhausting but I am glad I had Kells, Rook, and Slim by my side through this adventure. Ashleigh wanted to join but Kells didn't want to risk her getting involved in the situation. I relaxed a bit when I saw that it was Nessa who had sent the message until I read the contents of it.

N: Les you and Kells need to get back home ASAP this is an emergency! Barry messaged me, he said that he was coming back home and that he was going to keep all of your family hostage until you agreed to leave with him! Please Les, you need to call you know who before he gets a chance to hurt someone! 

❤ Nessa

I didn't want to make that phone call but I knew that I needed to before anyone else got hurt because of this monster.

L: I am calling him now, if I come home I will be giving in to what he wants. Wait for me to call you to tell you what he says. N, my Glock is in my nightstand take it and keep my family safe.

❤ Les

"Colson I need you to book all of us a flight to anywhere that is as far away from my hometown as possible. Barry is on the way there and he is going to take my whole family hostage if I don't agree to leave with him," I could tell that he was confused at my request, instead of wanting to go home and protect my family I was asking to be as far away from them as possible. I took out my phone and frantically started scrolling through my contacts looking for the one number I never thought I would have to use.

Colson

I couldn't understand why Les was wanting to be as far away from home as possible when Barry was threatening to take her whole family hostage and kill them if she didn't leave with him. That's when I heard her on the phone in the other room. "Hey Chuck this is Leslie Drake, yeah I know what time it is but this is an emergency," She explained to the mystery guy on the other end of the phone that Barry was back in town and the threats he had been making since his return to the small North Carolina town. As the call ended she said "thank you again for everything you have done to keep me safe over the years Chuck, I hope this is the last time I need to call in a favor to you" she giggled at something he said quickly said her goodbyes and hung up the phone.

Annoyed that she thought so little of me and my crew that she had to call someone else to keep her safe, I looked at Les and said "well I hope that Chuck can continue to keep you as safe as he always has apparently." Her face fell and I could immediately see that I had hurt her and I regretted it instantly. "Les, I'm-" "no Colson, you don't get to say sorry, you need to learn that sometimes your words can hurt people." She ran off to her room, slammed the door and after several hours of not seeing or hearing from her I stood up and went to check on her, I knocked on the bedroom door and there wasn't an answer; I knocked one more time and when she didn't open the door I let myself in. Les wasn't anywhere in sight then I noticed the bathroom door was shut. Knocking on the bathroom door I heard the shower running and the faint sound of sobbing.

Worried I spoke softly "Leslie are you okay?" I heard her sniff and then through a choked voice she lightly said "yeah Kells, I will be out of the shower in a few, just wait out there." My heart broke in two when I heard how defeated she sounded, this was not the Leslie I had gotten to know over the last two weeks. I longed to hold her and make the hurt go away, what was happening to me and the reputation I worked so hard to build? In a few weeks Leslie had changed my whole outlook. I couldn't hold her because she was locked in the bathroom so I did the next best thing knowing how much my music impacted her life. I sunk down the wall and sat outside the bathroom door and sang to her.