Chapter 3

Rameen

      I looked at him, he was staring at the novel lying in the spilled coffee then his eyes started running upwards through my body. As his stare traveled from my stiletto to my legs then upward to my skirt and my waist and to my breast. I felt tingles erupting on my skin, no one had looked at me like this before.

      His gaze held an intensity I never had noticed before in anyone else's eyes. He was wearing a white thin tee shirt and blue jeans. He had broad shoulders that tapered into a narrow waist, his biceps were bulging from his half sleeves demonstrating his strength, the 6 pack were visible through his thin t-shirt. And his long toned legs were on display in his skin fit jeans. What it will feel to be wrapped in those arms and legs? "Woah, Woah, Woah Get a grip Mia" I scolded myself.

     His eyes stayed at my breast for a little longer than necessary then they traveled upward to my neck, chin, and lips. I saw him tracing his tongue on his upper lip as his eyes were focused on my lips "Son of a bitch" I thought trying hard to keep myself
calm.

     When he had checked me out from toe to head, his eyes started traveling down again but this time my patience was up. I snapped my fingers in front of his eyes and hissed "Eyes up here buddy".

     I leaned forward and picked up the book from the floor, it was soaked up in the coffee. I checked the autograph page, the ink had spread and now it just looked like some blue stains.

       Fucker, he had ruined everything, I felt like crying. How the hell will I ever get a special edition signed by Subrato Roy ever again?

    I looked at him bewildered, he was looking ashamed, then I heard him say" I am sorry".

    Asshole what was he thinking, he can get away with a mere sorry?

    I looked him in his grey-brown eyes and roared "You will be very sorry by the time I am done with you".

     " Excuse Me", he looked stunned.

    Guess he was not used to getting insulted by girls. He was handsome like those damn hot models in the fashion magazines. And I am sure he always cashed his looks with girls.

       Not me you arrogant hunk, you can't get away with your looks every time.

    " If you want I will pay for your coffee and the book", he said as he pulled out his wallet from his jeans pocket.

    His words stung me like a poisonous snake. Bastard, that book was priceless for me. And no amount of money could repay the loss.

      I snatched his wallet from his hand and threw it at his face with all the strength I could muster. It hit him right in the nose, I am sure he was stunned that's why he didn't dodge it.

     I saw the expression of pain on his handsome face, which gave me a little satisfaction. Then I snarled "Take your money and shove it up your ass".

      My words stung him and he forgot his aching nose. I sensed how furious he was right now, he never got his ass kicked by a girl before, I guessed. And that was about to change for the good.

     " Miss I think you really have some serious mental issues and you need therapy", I heard him say.

       Therapy my foot, I thought bitterly and then I snapped at him "Listen, Mister, I stood five hours in a queue to get this book signed from my favorite author and now you have ruined it completely".

    He was thinking I had issues just because my book was soaked in coffee. Idiot, it was not just another book but a special edition with the autograph of The Subarato Roy.