Chapter 17

Rameen

   I was looking through my clothes to select a dress I can wear to the office tomorrow, it had been a week since we got married. 

      I was not going to sit idle at home to wait for him to come back from home, so I decided to go back to work. 

     Waleed was going office for the last I have been spending my time with Dada, but he also left today for their native village, he was worried about the school. It showed he cared about the village children and he didn't want to leave them to the teachers and the principal.

      He was a loving and caring person and since I had known him from my childhood, we had bonded instantly. He had told me many things about Waleed, how possessive he was about all his things, even when he was a kid he won't let anyone touch his toys not even old and broken ones. If something was his it had to remain only his till his last breath.

   He had shown me the room in which all his toys were still stored and all his other things, this was crazy. How can a man be so possessive about his things?

   I selected a shirt and trousers and was looking for the accessories to pair them with when Waleed walked into the closet.

  "Looking for something", He asked looking at me.

    "Yeah, just picking clothes for tomorrow", I replied.

   "Going somewhere?" He asked a little confused.

  "Yeah, I am fed up sitting idle at home, so I thought of going to work", I replied, busy looking for matching shoes.

  "Yeah, I will introduce you to everyone", He said as he pulled out a tee-shirt and sweats.

   " Excuse me", I asked confused.

  He had removed his shirt and was standing in front of me in just trousers.

   "I will introduce you to our staff when we go to the office tomorrow", He replied looking at me in confusion.

  " And who told you I am going to your office?", I asked placing my hands on my hips.

  "You just told, you are planning to go to work", He said looking at me with suspicion.

  " Yes by work I meant my job", I emphasized each word.

  "You mean Daniyal's firm?", He arched his brow and asked me.

   I was losing my patience now, what the hell was his problem? Didn't he understand simple things?

  " That's where I work, I think?" I replied crossing my arms on my chest.

   "You can't go and work in any other firm," He said enraged.

  "And why is that?" I asked fearlessly.

  He kept looking at me in anger, his grey eyes were burning with fury and it looked likes he was trying to control himself from lashing out at me.

  "Because you are my wife Mia, and whatever is mine is yours including me. And I don't want you to go and work for anyone else", He said through gritted teeth.

  " You want me to work for you?" I asked looking at him with a scowl on my face.

  "I want you to work with me", He emphasized each word.

  It softened my heart a little that he wanted me to work with him and not for him. But I knew no matter how much I work hard I would always be recognized as Mrs. Waleed Kamal and not as Rameen Shahab. I wanted to prove I was the best not because I was the wife of a billionaire, but because I deserved it.