Chapter 30

Rameen

It had been a week since Waleed left, I had tried calling him many times but it would just go to voicemail. He didn't even read my text messages, it was as if he had blocked me completely. Whatever I heard about him was through Dada.

Dada had told me that he was in Chicago and Dada was thinking he was gone because of some business. Waleed had invested in a hotel chain in the US, and everyone thought he had gone to the US for that purpose.

Jeena had left the same night, Waleed went to the US, and that was the last I saw her, and I wanted it to remain like that for my whole life, I had no interest in seeing the woman who tried to steal my husband from me ever again.

If I could only share with anyone what was going on between us, my parents knew that he was in the US and mom was insisting I come and stay at their place while he was gone.

I couldn't make up my mind to go and stay there, I was hoping that he might come back one day and if he would not find me home, he might imagine all sorts of things, and I didn't want any more misunderstandings between us.

I missed him, I missed him so much that it hurt, I didn't even realize how addicted I was to him. He was like a drug to me, and now when he was not here, I was unable to function properly. I was going to work daily, I even went to his office in the evening to make sure that everything was running smoothly in his absence, I didn't want anyone to think there was something wrong between us.

It was the first weekend after he left, I had just finished my breakfast and was feeding Grey in the living room when Ali walked in.

Shit.

I had forgotten that he came back from the US last night, and I didn't even call him. I had to stay in Waleed's office a little late because of some problems with a client, by the time I had sorted it out it was nearly midnight, I came home and just stumbled to bed, without having dinner.

When I woke up in the morning, I for the first time realized how lonely I was in this house, at least going to work kept my mind off many things, but today being the weekend I had to stay in the house. Thank God, the cook had come today, it saved me from making breakfast, otherwise, in absence of Waleed, I would just have to eat cereals.

"Mia, I can't believe this, you didn't come to the airport to receive me, and you did not even bother calling," Ali boomed as soon as he saw me.

I kept my head low trying to keep my tears from flowing out of my eyes, seeing Ali my best friend and confidante after so many months, and in these difficult times in my life had made me lose control, and before I realized I was a sobbing mess. I was trying to act strong since the last week and I think I was reached my limit today.

"Hey, Mia, what happened sweety?" Ali asked, his voice full of concern for me.

"He left me, he left me and went to the US," I said between sobs.

Ali let me cry my eyes out and when I was tired of crying and no more tears left my eyes, he poured me a glass of water, which I drank in a single gulp.

"Now tell me, what happened?" He asked in a gentle voice.

I placed my head on his shoulder and narrated the whole thing to him beginning from Jeena's arrival to Red's death and to the day Waleed left.

"I am going to kill that fucker, Riyaan," He fisted his hands.

I shot up a look at his face, he was barely controlling his anger, his usually soft features looked as if carved in stone. His brown eyes filled the rage.

"Lee, relax, I am not concerned about that asshole, what worries me is Waleed, he is not answering my texts, my calls go to voicemail. I have no idea how I am going to contact him," I replied sighing.