Chapter 5

Rameen

I was nervous waiting at the backdoor, hoping my cousin Umair would open the damn door without arising any suspicion.

After a few moments, I heard a click and the door was opened carefully to not make any sound.

"Mia what on Earth, did you got yourself into this time?" Umair glared at me.

I rolled my eyes at him, he was four years younger than me and always acted like he was the elder one.

"Will you just shut up and let me get to my room", I scolded him in a low voice.

I was afraid either my aunt or my mom could walk upon us and I didn't want them to see the mess I was right now.

Though Saad had given me his jacket and his driver has dropped me, my hairs were still sticky from the cocktail.

" What the fuck?" Umair exclaimed as I got inside and he saw me in the light.

"Shhh, can you just not talk till I make it to my room", I said annoyed.

He followed me silently to my room, we both making sure no one saw us till we reached the door.

Ours was a joint family, my father, and his brother my uncle living in the same house along with our grandfather.

" What have you done this time Mia?" Umair grabbed my arm as we entered my room and closed the door.

"Relax dude, no big deal. I threw a drink at the party on a guy and he retaliated", I replied trying to make it sound as insignificant as possible.

I wish Ali was here instead of Umair, he would have given me hi-fi. Though Ali was 2 years older than Umair he was the cool guy.

Umair was the spoilsport from the three of us. Ali and Umair were siblings, and they were the complete opposite of each other.

Ali was currently in the US doing his MBA, so he could come back and look after our family business of leather export.

" You did what", Umair asked trying to digest what I just said.

"Do you think I have all the time in the world to keep repeating the same thing again and again?" I said annoyed.

" Can you imagine what will happen if our mom's found out?" He said looking at me in disbelief.

Well, I can't help him if he was such a nerd. The most exciting thing in life he would have done would have been if he bunked a class if he ever bunked one.

"They won't if you don't tell them", I said taking out my clothes from the closet.

I was desperately in need of a shower to calm my senses. Now that I was back in the safety of my room without any of the elders of my family finding out I was reminded of that bastard again.

Umair just stared at me with distress and left my room.

I went straight to the shower, after an hour-long shower when I was back to my senses I was thinking about how I was going to repay that cocky bastard.

The following week I was busy with my office work, I was working as an architect in a newly established firm.

A distant cousin of mine had established this firm a few years back and was doing well. After I completed my graduation in architecture he had offered me a job in his firm.

I didn't want to join his firm in the first place, because I knew my mother will always keep an eye on me through him.

But I did not have any choice it was his firm or sit home and wait for my wedding.